XXII.

Quick (A/N): Sorry about not updating this last Saturday I had some matters to attend to. That being said I hope you enjoy this chapter, I made it longer this time.

"This place is huge..." Ryo mumbled to no one. He hastily quickened his pace to catch up to Makoto who had gone on ahead. Ryo continued to admire the building and the decorations as he walked, while also keeping watch for guards.

"Ryo,please try to keep up." Makoto warned his friend in a hushed tone. Ryo's face went red with embarrassment, acknowledging Makoto's irritation. He soon apologized profusely and kept quiet behind the black-haired boy.

The two males searched room by room, hoping to find (Y/N) in at least one of them, but to no avail. Makoto's patience was running thin each room they checked with no sign of (Y/N). His mood drastically dampened than it was before, and Ryo took notice. Ryo showed visible concern for his friend but took it as a sign that he should remain silent.

"Ugh, not here either. Where in the world is his room?!" Makoto seethed quietly on the verge of slamming the door. Ryo jolted at the small outburst. He was really concerned for his friend so he finally decided to speak up.

"H-hey, Makoto... why are you so worked up on trying to find (Y/N)?"

Makoto abruptly stopped.

"She's our friend Ryo. There are dangerous people after her, and the police do not give two shits about her. Who else is going to help her? Come on Ryo." Makoto argued, making Ryo feel ignorant for asking. He shut up and continued to follow his friend, feeling selfish as he stared at the ground.

As the duo ventured further into the heart of the mansion, they stumbled upon a large door adorned with golden accents. "Wait Ryo, this might be it." Makoto said with his hopes rising by the second. His bony hand reached for the swirly door knob and opened the door.

The room was probably the size of a normal house, decorated with red satin and velvet on almost everything, gold accents, and a modern feel to it. A chandelier adorned the high ceiling illuminating the entire room.

"Show off.." Ryo mumbled as he peaked in. Makoto made his way in, his eyes darting around the room. Ryo closed the door behind him, looking unimpressed with the decorations in the room.

Makoto inspected the room thoroughly, hoping to find (Y/N) or at the very least some evidence that she is being held captive at this location. While digging through a drawer he found a phone, the color and model the same as (Y/N)'s. He held it up in the light and showed it to Ryo.

"So she really is here then." He said, taking the object into his hands. He decided to hold onto it for (Y/N) and give it to her when they find her.

"I'm guessing she might be in here or she might be in the basement, if there is one." Makoto said standing up and brushing himself off. Ryo gave him a nod in understanding and agreement, walking past him to further examine the room.

Suddenly Ryo walked into a separate room, a large walk-in closet where the lights were turned off. His eyes squinted in an attempt to see what was before him as he tried to find a light switch.

"Who..." A voice rang out.

Ryo flipped the light on and turned to the source, (Y/N) was sitting in a large chair tied down to it with handcuffs and thumbcuffs on.

She visibly flinched at the sight of Ryo of all people, expecting Atticus or a maid. Ryo's eyes widened with his lips parted at the condition (Y/N) was in, wrists red and inflamed.

"(Y/N)! Are you okay?" Ryo called rushing over to the girl. He placed his hand gently on her shoulder in an attempt to comfort her. She only looked up with a crestfallen expression. She felt embarrassed that she had gotten herself kidnapped even though there wasn't much she could do about it. Still, in (Y/N)'s mind she keeps beating herself up about it.