XV.

"Ugh what are they doing?" Toby whispered to no one but himself. He was currently peeking in from a window that faced the two teens sprawled on the couch watching a movie. Fortunately for him, (Y/N) and Marshall's backs were turned away from him so he had a chance to react and hide if either one of them got up to do something.

The sun was beginning to set and Toby had followed the two since they left the school. He had been sitting outside for two hours now looking like a creep staring through their window. Even though he was in their backyard with a fence surrounding him, he could be visible from any of the other neighbor's houses on the second floor since they're all two story houses.

Toby mentally cursed in his head, calling himself stupid for coming out here just to spy on them. As soon as he had thoughts about going back home, the movie ended. The two teens got up from the couch and stretched, while Toby ducked to avoid being spotted.

'Are they finally fucking leaving?' He asked to no one in particular, his patience thinning by the minute. Various bugs have picked his skin to bite due to the close proximity between him and the grass.

Slowly rising up from his spot to check, he could see only Marshall standing while going through his phone. (Y/N) walked out of the room to go change into normal clothes.

Toby patiently waited for the girl to come back. Once she reappeared, the two grabbed their stuff and rushed to the arcade, leaving in a hurry in order to not run into Mrs. Robinson.

Toby heard the faint noise of the front door opening on the other side of the lawn. He perked up and followed the sound of (Y/N)'s sweet voice.

He walked a good distance away from the pair with a black hoodie on so his pink hair wasn't as noticeable. He felt like he probably looked like a thug but rolled with it anyway. At least that meant people would stay away from him.

Marshall held the door open for (Y/N) as she stepped into the arcade. (Y/N)'s smile widened as she saw the retro vaporwave themed arcade. Seeing (Y/N)'s smile made him smile unconsciously. Both teens pitch in money to pay for the tokens that they'll share.

"I'm so excited, I haven't been to an arcade in forever!" (Y/N) was practically bouncing at the end of the sentence. She was eager to earn a bunch of useless prizes just to have as a memento of this day.

"What do you wanna do first?" Marshall asked with a genuine smile on his face. (Y/N) turned to meet his eyes and was smitten once she noticed his smile. Her smile immediately faltered to a nervous one and her face burned.

"(Y-Y/N)? What's wrong?" Marshall asked concerned, his smile faltering into a worried expression. "Y-Your smile..." (Y/N) began.

"Wha? O-Oh, I'm sorry you had to see that. I don't smile often because I've been told my smile is ugly." He admitted with a forlorn expression.

'Why do all my friends must have gorgeous smiles I'm actually going to faint-' (Y/N)'s memories about her friends smiling previously entered her mind and her face burned even more.

"No! It's beautiful! ..W-Who told you it was ugly?" She panicked at her sudden outburst and quieted her tone.

"Hah, my old friends, my old crush." He said with yet again a forlorn expression scratching the back of his neck.

"Forget them, they're blind to real beauty."
(Y/N) said with anger dripping in her tone for her poor friend. She envisioned herself in her mind beating up the people who said that to Marshall. This caused a small smile to play on her face.

Marshall's heart stopped upon hearing that sentence. He remained quiet a little shocked and engrossed in his own world replaying her words in his mind. He felt as if his ego was being stroked by his crush and so he puffed out his chest.