XII.

Nolan's Aesthetic Sheet above.

As I woke up from once again, a weird bloody dream, I sighed and rubbed my crusty eyes.  It's Thursday now, the week is almost over. Almost there!

I mentally groaned as I dragged myself out of bed lazily and prepped myself for the day. I put on some pins I bought onto my (F/C) tie to make it look less plain.

~

As I headed out of the empty house, I took my usual route. A nice chilly breeze whizzed by rusting the leaves and grass. Hearing the cars pass by put me at ease. I pulled out my phone and connected my earbuds as I looked for a song to play. Before I could settle on one, a familiar limo pulled up next to me.

I slowed my walking as the window rolled down.

"(Y/N), get in, I have to talk to you." Atticus firmly spoke. His voice was strict as it always is, yet sending shivers down my spine.

"Right, okay." I replied getting inside the limo.

"I should have told you this last night but I keep... Falling asleep when I'm- *ahem* with you in bed." He said not meeting my gaze.

I blushed in embarrassment. He is really cute when he's sleepy..

"-But I'm in physics with Nolan and we have to work on a project together. I agreed we do it at my house because we have a spare room where we can work in peace. Also Nolan has younger siblings and I am not dealing with little versions of him." Atticus said horrified at the thought of mini Nolans running around.

I giggled in response, "They'd probably be cute."

Atticus looked at me with disgust and scoffed. "Are you incompetent or something? Why do you even hang out with him?"

"Hey, he's a little rude and teasing but he's still nice. He actually cares for his siblings unlike you." I said poking fun at him, and quite literally, poking his cheek with a childish grin plastered on my face.

Atticus became unresponsive after that and seemed ticked off, but remained silent and looked out the window.

We pulled up to the school gate. Atticus walked out first, he abruptly turned around and held out his hand for me with a dry look on his face.

"Are you still bothered by what I said?" I asked, getting out of the car myself. This only provoked him more, as he swiftly turned away and fumed while walking away.

'Sheesh. What's his deal?' I pondered about it for a bit until I let it go and hurried off to class.

~

"Oi, (Y/B/N)." A gruff voice called out from behind me. I turned to the source, an intimidating boy stared back at me. His uniform was messy and he had dull black eyes.

"Yes?" I asked after eyeing him.

"Can I borrow a pencil?"

"Oh! Sure." I said reaching into my pencil case and pulling out a mechanical pencil. I handed it to him.

"Thanks.." He muttered and looked away taking the pencil quickly, not wanting to interact any more that he has to.