XXIII.

(A/N:) I am so sorry for disappearing again, honestly I do not have much motivation for this book but the comments some of the readers are leaving honestly encourage me to keep going, even the meme ones. I had also contracted covid and had to deal with school, thankfully I'm okay and I got my vaccine, sorry for my absence however. Please be patient with me as I am trying to figure out the multiple endings to this book and work on my writing in general, thank you! Also thank you for so many reads and voting!!!

~

How could being fed food by your friend's failure of a brother while restrained make you feel? It was incomprehensible how degrading and patronizing this felt to (Y/N), being treated like a dog. She recoiled in discomfort every time she took in a spoonful of her food. Hugo only made the situation worse by babying her and rendering the girl useless in any way possible.

"Here comes the choo choo train!" He continued. Swiveling the spoon around (Y/N)'s face before it settled at her mouth. She held a visible grimace as her mind wandered to the thought of a scenario where she could knock the spoon out of his hand and throw the remaining food onto him. Unbeknownst to her, he would actually enjoy that, very much so.

(Y/N) hesitantly took another bite as her stomach hungered for more. Hugo was feeding her at a painfully sluggish pace, whereas if (Y/N) was eating out of her own free will, all of the contents in the bowl would be empty by now. Nonetheless he continued spoon feeding her at the same pace, bearing a patronizing grin the entire time.

"You're such a good girl, (Y/N)."

God how she hated his tone of voice right now.

She heard brief shuffling in the room outside of the closet assuming that it was Makoto and Ryo. Confirming her suspicions, the two appeared at the door frame of the walk-in closet. (Y/N) made eye contact with them, which prompted Makoto to raise a finger to his lips. She got the message and immediately looked away from them, chewing her food slowly.

She could feel the presence of Makoto inching closer and closer, with a metal dustpan used for fireplaces. He raised the dustpan as if it were a baseball bat and swung at the back of Hugo's head with force.

Hugo's head immediately flew forward from the force, causing him to drop the bowl and spoon. He remained in the same slouched position with his head looking towards the ground, before the rest his body fell to the ground with a thud shortly after.

(Y/N) glanced at where Hugo was knocked out, then back to Makoto. Ryo looked fearful of the sudden violence that occurred before him. "He might have the keys," Ryo suggested as Makoto bent down to Hugo's unconscious body. Inspecting all of his pockets, Makoto found two keys attached to each other.

"I hope this is it." Makoto heaved standing up on his two feet. (Y/N)'s eyes sparkled as she hopefully would soon be free of these ridiculous handcuffs and thumbcuffs. Makoto leaned over the chair, trapping (Y/N) underneath him as he messed with the lock on the handcuffs first. The close proximity accelerated his heartbeat by a slight amount.

Click

(Y/N) let out a victorious smile as she waited for the other cuffs to be undone. Makoto could sense her urgency to be freed and complied with her requests as fast as he could.

The girl quietly gasped as she could finally move her wrists and hands around. Stretching them until they let out a satisfying crack, she thanked Makoto and Ryo for their efforts.

"Don't thank us yet, we have to get out before Atticus gets here." He said untying the rope used to restrain her ankles to the chair.

"But I am here."