Part 21: Excuses

I have tried to hang out with Vernon for the two weeks that he's been here. He has either made up an excuse to not go or he invites his friends with him. It has only been 2 times that we got to hang out alone and it was just the two of us. I wouldn't really mind if he brought his friends along but he just hangs out with them. I'm just on the side lines most of the time. I tell him I'm going somewhere when we are with his friends and he's like okay. Then he texts or calls me and asks me where I went, just because his friends we're talking about me and asking about me and he didn't want to be embarrassed because I'm not there when they're asking about me. Today is his last day. I'm not bothering to ask to be with him for his last day because I know he'll go with his friends somewhere.

Either way I have to study for finals. Namjoon has been helping me a lot and now I understand things better. I don't need to waste my time on him right now. I also need to check up on my grandma and see how she's doing.

                         *Phone Rings*

Hmm someone's calling me let me see
Vernon?! I should answer

Y/n: Hello?
Vernon: Oh hi Y/n. Do you want to go someone today since it's my last day- hang on my friend want me to go and talk to him in the living room hold on.
Y/n: Okay.

I guess he wants to do something special with me on his last day here but I really need to study and he would try to convince me to come even though I don't want to. I got bored of just being on the side lines so I would come up with an excuse to not go like studying. He would say that everyone would be disappointed in me and that they really wanted me there and that it would be the same without me and more stuff to get me to come. Then Vernon comes back on the phone.

Vernon: Hey so.. I wanted to invite you somewhere without my new friends and just people from your school and have like a little picnic. You are the first person that I would have invited. But something came up so I won't be able to do that I hope you can forgive me for wasting your time. Either way you should study for your finals an I hope you get a good grade.
Y/n: It's okay you don't need to apologize and yup you too. Bye
Vernon: Bye.

I hung up and just prepared for a long study session. It was about 15 minutes into my study session when Jin appeared. I took off my earbuds and faced him. Then he started taking.

Jin: Aren't you going to do anything for Vernon's last day here?
Y/n: He said something came up so he couldn't do anything of that sort.
Jin: Oh I guess he just wants an excuse to hang out with his new friends and not you.
Y/n: What? -

Jin shows me his phone and it displays a photo of Vernon with 3 other of his new friends. I was disappointed but not surprised that he would make a what sounded like a 'serious' excuse to just not hang out with me. Why do I care at this point it's useless to get mad so I just take a breathe and put my earbuds to continue my study session. When Jin talked again.

Jin: So you aren't going to say anything. I'm guessing you're over his excuses.
Y/n: Ya disappointed but not surprised.
Jin: Break up with him.
Y/n: What I-i I can't do that he-
Jin: He doesn't add that much to your life he's just there, he doesn't even want to be around you, makes up excuses not to hang out with you. This is all one-sided. You do all the work to keep your relationship alive. But does he do anything?
Y/n: Not really.
Jin: That's why I want you to break up with him. I want to see you happy.
Y/n: Yeah but he's a good person and I'm sure that he's just not used to me being by his side. I'm not going to break up with him at least not yet.
Jin: Well I guess it's your choice.
Y/n: Mhm don't worry if I get heartbroken it has happened a lot.
Jin: That's why I don't want you to experience it again but okay. You should get back to studying.
Y/n: Okay

*1 and 30 minutes later*

I think I'm ready for the finals now. Then the phone rings. It was Vernon.

Y/n: Hello?
Vernon: Hi I just wanted to say sorry for not hanging out with you it's just that something really important came up.
Y/n: It's fine.
Vernon: I'll be back for summer tho! I just wanted to call to say goodbye since I'm about to go back. So goodbye for now. We might not be able to talk for this month.
Y/n: Goodbye.

I hung up and changed into a hoodie to go outside and get something to eat. Then I walk into Jin. It looks like he was about to check up on me and how my studying session was going.

Jin: So you're done studying or just taking a break?
Y/n: I'm done for today.
Jin: Oh that's good. I wanted to know if you wanted to go out to eat somewhere with the rest of BTS. So would you like to go?
Y/n: Yes of course!
Jin: Okay let's go since it looks like you are ready.
Y/n: Oh yeah I was going to eat out somewhere before you asked me.
Jin: Ok then let's go.

We went out the door and got into Jin's car. He started driving.

Y/n: Oh so where are we going?
Jin: A restaurant that recently opened that sells fries, burgers, and stuff like that.
Y/n: Oh cool.

Hi! I'm glad to see you again! Thank you for reading this! I hope you enjoyed reading it I'll try to upload more often since I'm on spring break or at least write a few things down to upload. Anyways thanks again for reading this to whoever is! Goodbye see you soon!