1

The loud sound of the bell rang through the hallways, signaling that class has started. All students in the dull classroom took a seat...well- almost all.

"na jaemin...na jaemin..." The male, middle aged teacher sighed and put his clipboard down, looking up and seeing the empty seat.

"late again." he put a little check mark next to the said boys name then finished up roll call. He soon started the lesson for the day even though some students were late.

The classroom was pretty silent, the only sound being loud, heavy footsteps echoing down the hallway. not long after that a sweaty, teenage boy busted though the door of the room, disrupting the class.

"i'm here Mr. Kang!" The boy yelled out of breath, causing soft laughter from the student and a long sigh from the teacher.

"take a seat mr. na." was all the teacher said before turning back to the board and continuing his teachings.

Jaemin quickly took his seat and pulled his notebook out, trying to catch up and jot down some quick notes that were on the board. He glanced over at his seat mate to copy off what they had wrote.

"get your own notes Mr. Na." His seat mate mocked the name and moved his notebook away so jaemin couldn't see it.

"come on hyuck don't be mean." jaemin whined and tried to grab the notebook from the older boy.

"i'm not being now shut up and pay attention." hyuck said while focusing back on the board and what the teacher had to say. jaemin sighed and looked ahead as well, trying to focus on what the teacher was teaching.

It wasn't long till the second bell rang, telling the students and teachers that the class has ended and it was now break time. the students quickly packed their things up and left the room but jaemin stayed in.

"i have a question Mr. Kang." jaemin said while approaching the teachers desk.

"what is it?" The man replied while cleaning the board.

"on the board you wrote "project due next friday" did i miss that announcement?" jaemin asked, being bothered by it ever since he first looked at the board.

"oh yes i meant to talk to you about that." the teacher sat at his desk and began typing away at his computer.

"you will be doing a project report about the supernatural, you know? aliens, werewolves, vampires..." the teacher started to explain but jaemin cut in.

"but Mr. Kang, those things aren't real." jaemin scoffed and leaned back, thinking how ridiculous the assignment was.

"ah that's the point, the assignment is to make your point on whether you believe these creatures are real or not." jaemin nodded, now understanding more.

"so is it a group project?" the boy asked taking his notebook out and writing down the assignment.

"yes, pairs actually. the rest of the students got to pick their partner but since you weren't here, i picked for you." jaemin raised an eyebrow, listening to what the teacher had to say.

"so who's my partner?" he smiled lightly, wondering if he got paired up with a pretty girl or handsome guy.

"Lee Jeno." the teacher said while looking at his computer screen.

"who?!" jaemin asked, hearing that name for the first time and having no idea there was a "lee jeno" in the class.

"Lee Jeno, the kid in the back." the teacher said hoping jaemin would get an idea of who he was. jaemin thought and tried to picture the class, focusing on the students who sat in the back. He knew everyone's name except for that one boy, the one who never said a word, always had his hoodie on covering his face and was never seen outside of class.

"oh...him." jaemin wrote his name down on the notebook.

"the project is due next friday, now have a good day Mr. Na." The teacher smiled and jaemin carried his notebook out of the classroom after biding the teacher a good day as well.

He walked down the hallways to his next class, his only thoughts being "who the heck is lee jeno?" he knew the boys name and knew where he sat in class but he didn't know what he looked like, where he lived or anything really. Jaemin knew everything about everyone in school, how come he knew nothing about jeno? He is so mysterious.