8

"i missed you!" jisung quickly gave the older a hug before pushing into his house. jaemin went after him, being too caught up to close the front door.

"ooh ramen~" jisung sat down at the table and started to eat out of nanas bowel. he took a few bites before looking up and seeing a raw stake.

"you know you gotta cook that, right?" the younger asked as jaemin came through the kitchen entrance.

"it's not for me." jaemin rolled his eyes and sat down next to the chipmunk like boy.

"then who is it f-" jisung cut himself off when someone else walked in the kitchen.

"why's he here." jeno asked in a low tone when he saw jisung.

"i missed my nana." the younger smiled and took another bite of ramen.

"get out." jeno told the youngest while giving him a slight glare. jisung looked over at jaemin with a small pout, not knowing if he should listen to jeno or not.

"he's hungry, let him fi-" jaemin was cut off by jeno.

"I SAID GET OUT!!" jisung flinched and dropped the bowel of ramen, grabbing his backpack as a fearful tear ran down his cheek. he ran out of jaemin's house and slammed the door on the way out, jaemin got up and tried to stop the boy but he was already gone.

"great jeno now he's probably gonna spend the rest of the day crying, he's just a kid you know." jaemin rolled his eyes and got to the floor, picking up the cold noodles that jisung dropped.

"i don't care." jeno threw his backpack on the floor and sat at the table, eyeing the stake.

"is this for me?" he picked the stake up and flicked it in the center.

"yeah." jaemin said quietly and put the dirty ramen in the trash.

"i don't like raw meat." jeno tossed the stake across the table, causing a little bit of its juices to fly. jaemin quickly went to the table and pushed jenos shoulder.

"stop making a fucking mess!!" jaemin yelled causing jeno to stand up and hiss slightly out of anger, that reminded jaemin of what jeno really was and he quickly shut his mouth, cleaning up the stake.

after a few minutes of cleaning, jaemin sat at the table and looked at jeno who was scrolling away on his phone.

"how's your hand?" the younger asked to break the silent.

"i little sore but okay." jeno put his phone down and took his hood off, looking directly into jaemins eyes.

his eyes are very pretty, they compliment his pale skin well. jaemin thought, loosing himself in jenos looks.

"so should i tell you?" jeno broke the silence this time and leaned back into his chair.

"oh um yeah." jaemin shook his head slightly and looks at his hands.

"you can't tell anyone or else i'll have to kill you." jeno chuckled signaling that the killing part was a joke but jaemin didn't doubt it.

"well for starters, i was born like this. both of my parents were turned at a young age and knew each other since day one. they eventually fell in love and ran away with each other, got married and had me. one day they got caught up in a fight and were both killed, i was 11 at the time..." jaemin gasped softly at those words then leaned in, wanting to hear more.

"i was sent here where the vampire population is low but not zero, i had a less chance of getting hurt here till a few weeks ago. a girl tried touching me and i got scared an bit her, little did i know she was one of the head vampires girlfriend...remember that day i came over and i was all beat up?" jeno asked and jaemin just nodded in response.

"the heads had found me coming over and attacked me, luckily i got out alive and ran here as fast as i could. i've been having to keep a low profile, sneaking out of my home, wearing hoodies that won't expose my face, trying to spend most time in doors and so much more. these heads are so ruthless and will kill me if they get the chance." jaemin felt a pain in his heart and he didn't know why. jeno saying those last few words laced fear into his veins but not fear for him, fear for jeno.

"jeno do you live alone?" jaemin asked while raising an eyebrow, the other nodded in response.

"live with me." the younger blurted out before even thinking about it.

"jaemin i can't, that'll put you in danger." jeno shook his head and looked down.

"i'm already in danger knowing and it'll help you stay safe, please jeno, its just a friend favor." jaemin now had a pleading look on his face and jeno didn't know why the boy suddenly cared for him so much.

"mm fine, but only till those jerks give up on finding me." jaemin gave jeno a soft smile and got out of his chair, walking over and hugging the older. for some reason he didn't feel scared of jeno anymore, he felt like he needed to protect him and care for him because now he knew that no one did.

jeno was taken back by the sudden touch but soon hugged back. he melted into jaemins warm embrace, not feeling this type of affection in a while.

"jesus christ jeno you're freezing cold!"

——————-
A/N
i have decided that i'm gonna try to update at least once a week on sundays my time. i hope you're enjoying the story so far <3

-E