Ch. 21 - Dabi - Shattered Mirror

Dabi

-

"Then when All Might comes to save her, we KILL HER!" Shigaraki cackled. 

I swung at him. Knocking him onto the ground. "She doesn't get touched."

I walked away from him and headed towards the room we were keeping her in. I stood outside the door for a moment. I don't know why I was protecting her. She meant nothing to me. Right?

Upon opening the door, I saw her laying on the ground unconscious. I crouched beside her and slapped my hand across her face. She woke up immediately. 

"Still have fainting issues?" I asked her. 

She pushed herself away from me and held her cheek before nodding. 

I got up and sat on the bed. "I don't know why you're so scared of me. I told you we were gonna let you go Little Mouse." Why did my chest hurt when she looked so scared of me? 

"I just want to go home…" She whispered.

I watched her as she shivered in the corner. "If you're cold there are blankets. But you gotta come up here if you want them."

She stared at the blankets on the bed. I could tell she was cold. Slowly she stood up but her legs wobbled beneath her and I watched as her eyes rolled back into her head. Immediately I got up and caught her. 

I sat back in the bed and covered her, but I kept her in my lap. After all, I had a pretty high body temperature and she was so cold. Out of morbid curiosity I lifted her shirt up and examined her abdomen. My handprints were still there. She covered most of them with tattoos. 

On her abdomen she had a tattoo of a wolf. On her left side was an array of flowers with a skull adorned in the middle. Her right side had a Phoenix.

I couldn't help but wonder why she covered them up. I know she didn't like them, but I had good intentions placing them there. People kept touching her in ways she didn't want. I knew they wouldn't touch her with my markings there. Still I remembered the sad look on her face every time she looked at one of the scars I had left her. 

I hoped that at least the tattoos made her feel pretty again. She deserved to feel pretty. She was the prettiest girl I had ever met.

Finally she opened her eyes again and when she opened her eyes to my face she tried to throw herself off of me. I caught her and put her back in the bed before stepping away. "Calm down or you'll pass out again. I told you I'm not gonna hurt you."

Her eyes looked wild and skeptical, but still she sat against the wall and remained in the bed. 

"So you're a UA teacher now?" I asked her trying to make conversation.

She nodded. 

"Is my brother one of your students?" I asked her quietly. 

She nodded again.

Part of me missed him. When he was born, I was so excited to have a second little brother. Of course dear old dad ruined all of that and Shouto became his prized possession. "What's he like?"

She stared down at her hands and spoke quietly. "He's a calm and straightforward kinda guy… You can tell your dad pushed him too hard."

I made mental note of this. "Ah. I see. Then killing him will be doing him a favor in the long run."

She stared at me wide eyed. "Touya-"

"Dabi. I go by Dabi now." I cut her off. 

She flinched. "Dabi. Right. Sorry…. He deserves to live a good life. So do you."