Chapter 15: The Missing Man (Part 2)

Author's POV
"Whoa!! This is the first time I've been to the races!" Ran said looking from side to side

Kogoru had took the three of you to Tokyo Horse Racing Track. Again, because of Conan running into the car with Kogoru. Of course Ran took you inside while chasing Conan.

"We gotta hurry and find Misami-San's father!" Ran said excitedly

"And how are we going to find him in this huge crowd of people?" Kogoru asked squinting his eyes trying to look for the missing man

Conan tried to get on his tippy toes but it didn't change the fact that he couldn't see amongst the tall crowd. You behind Ran holding her jacket not wanting to get lost like the other time with Kaito.

It was in a amusement park where you almost got lost. Since lately you two have been stealing and returning items, he wanted to give you a little break. And by that he surprised you by taking you to 'Tropical Land'.

And of course there was going to be a huge crowd of people and staff. It was getting dark and you two were about to go home but you wanted to buy something. So you told Kaito to wait at the exit while you bought something.

You quickly brought a tiny plushie of Kaito Kid and Black Swan that you had seen while walking to the exit. You ran to where you told Kaito to stay, but when you got there he wasn't there anymore.

You went all over the amusement park trying to look for him but you couldn't find him. You tried calling him multiple times but he still didn't answer. Soon after you went to every corner of the amusement park, you found him eating cotton candy like a little kid making your eye twitch from his childishness.

You snapped back to reality when you saw a familiar old man from not to far away from where you were. You squinted your eyes trying to remember where you had seen the man.

You quickly turned to Ran after recognizing the man. It was the same guy that was on the photo that you had examined. Tugging of Ran's jacket, you kept taking small glances to make sure the guy didn't leave from where he was.

"What's wrong, Lilith-chan?" Ran asked crouching to your level

"Isn't that the guy you're looking for?" You asked innocently

Ran looked up to where you were pointing only the see you were right. That was the man they were having "trouble" looking for in the huge crowd. Ran smiled a got back up from crouching.

"Oto-san! Look! Lilith-chan found him! She's a great detective isn't she?"

You looked up in a snap after what Ran said. Were you really turning into a detective? You shook your head looking down as Conan raised a brow seeing you shake your head.

"I'll go call for him!" Ran said ready to walk over to him but was stopped by Kogoru

"Wait! He's supposed to be missing." Kogoru said holding Ran's shoulder, "If he gets scared and runs away, it'll mess it all up."

"Then..what do we do?" Ran asked looking at Kogoru

"We'll follow him..to his house."

~ Time Skip ~

"Thank you ver much, Mr Detective! You found my father!" Misami said with sweat drops on her cheek

"Uh, yeah. You sure came down here quickly." Kogoru said with widened eyes, "I just told you a little while ago."

"I was so happy about the news that I practically flew!" Misami said smiling widely, "So where's my father?" She asked

"In a cheap apartment over in Nerima..." Kogoru said fixing his tie

"Really? So he's still in Tokyo!"

You looked up at Misami seeing her clothes a little bit more glown. She also wore makeup unlike the last time she visited.

"Doesn't she look a bit different like before?" You asked looking at Ran

"Eh?"

"Her clothes are more grownup...and it looks like she put on makeup."

"She must be dressed up because she's seeing her father today!" Ran smiled making you look back at Misami

You narrowed your eyes sensing that Misami is hiding something but you couldn't get what it was. You sighed as you shrugged all your thoughts away and followed Kogoru and the others inside the car.

Ran sat in the passenger's seat while Misami sat at the back next to you since you were sitting at the middle seat. But you didn't feel comfortable sitting so close to Misami making confused at your own self.

You slowly scooted next to Conan while looking down. Meanwhile, Conan raised a brow seeing your sudden actions. 

After some time, the car stopped. And just like Kogoru said, it was a cheap apartment in Nerima. You looked out the window of Conan's side and saw the old man walking down the flight of stairs with a black trash bag on his hand.

Misami got out the car and so did the others with you following behind. The young girl stood at the bottom of the stairs facing his father who had surprisingly dropped the black trash bag.

He had a shocked expression but with a hint of fear.

"I looked all over for you...OTO-SAN!!" Misami said as Hirota walked to the bottom of the stairs, "OTO-SAN!!" Misami yelled as he cried in her father's chest

As you watched Misami cry in Hirota's chest, you could've sworn that you had seen fear written all over the guys face. But then again, you shrugged it off thinking it was your imagination.

"I am in your debt." Misami said bowing

"Hirota-San, you really shouldn't make a cute daughter miss you wo much." Kogoru said and Misami bowed again

The young girl turned to her father and walked inside the apartment. "Hehehe, these cases are solved in a snap!" Kogoru said laughing

Conan looked you at him with a questioning look while you ignored it. Your thoughts were now on the mysterious guy who was hiding behind a pole looking at the four of you.

He probably seemed to notice you staring at him since he turned around and walked away.

'Who was that?' You asked yourself

To be continued...