Chapter 37: Research (Part 1)

Y/n's POV
"Gah....I'm so tired." I groaned as I raised up my hands to stretch myself

My brow raised in confusion not hearing anything from the little detective who was next to me. I turned my head to look at him and noticed he was looking down with his hands in his pockets.

"You're pretty quiet tonight..." I muttered looking up at the dark sky

He still didn't say anything which irritated me. He didn't look at me nor say anything to me. A small 'tch' accidentally escaped my lips.

"What's on your head? You're always talking about how easy it was to solve the case. But now you're just quiet like a mouse. What? Was the case too hard for the mighty 'Detective Conan'? Was it too...complicated?" I laughed a little. "That's new. You did take longer than usual which was pretty surprising don't you think? Why was it hard? I found it pretty easy-"

"HOW CAN YOU BE SO CALM?!" My words were cut off by Conan suddenly yelling

I stopped on my tracks and turned to face Conan. He was staring at me with such anger in his eyes. His hands were now out of his pockets in which I noticed were turned into a fist.

My eyes softened and I bit my bottom lip. "What do you mean..?" I asked which was a bad move

"DID YOU ALREADY FORGET?! DID YOU FORGET WHAT HAPPENED BACK THERE AT THE SCENE?! WELL LET ME REMIND YOU." Conan walked up close to me and held me by that shoulders tightly. "YOU PUT YOUR LIFE IN DANGER...AGAIN! WITH A KNIFE UP TO YOUR THROAT THAT COULD'VE KILLED YOU ANY SECOND!! AND THIS TIME I....I almost couldn't save you..." His voice lowered

"Who would've thought that you're too sensitive." I joked taking his hands off my shoulders and holding them in mines

Conan's eyes narrowed at me. "I'm serious Y/n! Can there be a case where you will not put yourself in danger?!"

I pretend to think about it. "Well it really isn't my choice. It comes randomly." I joked again

Conan back away from me. "Why...WHY CAN'T YOU JUST TAKE THIS SERIOUS?! It's as if you risk your life every single day that you're now used to it!"

'Black Swan is pretty risky...'I said in my head

"Yeah well I don't need you to save my life everytime if you're so tired of it." I rolled my eyes

"You don't know how to protect yourself that's why you need me!"

"No, I don't." I blurted. "I don't heed help from a detective like you."

"Yes you do! Detectives don't only solve cases, but they help those who need help and will do anything to help the other-"

"LIES!" I yelled cutting him off, "Detectives just want money...they don't help in anything!"

"How can you be so sure about that huh?"

My hands balled up into a fist and I looked down as my hands began to tremble. It wasn't because I was looking for an excuse. Nor because I was trying holding back back my tears.

It was because that was an awful memory to remember...

"Detectives and policemen are always there. And will always be there to fulfill their job-"

"THEN WHERE WAS THE DETECTIVE WHOM I NEEDED WHEN I WAS LITTLE?! WHERE WAS THE POLICE TO SEARCH FOR MY FATHER'S BODY?! WHERE WERE THEY?! SIPPING THEIR CUP OF COFFEE AS IF THEY'VE GOT NO WORK TO DO?!"

"Y/n..."

"T-they...they marked him deceased..without even finding his dead body. Nobody looked into his case...nobody even tried to look into it. They just..acted as if it was an accident..."