Chapter 21: Mansion of Terror

Y/n's POV
'No, no, I can't be acting like this.' I told myself, 'Kaito will be mad. He helped me become strong as Black Swan. I can't let it all go to waste.'

I felt a hand on my right shoulder making all my thoughts go away.

"Hey, let's go. Genta said he found a way in." Conan said pointing in front of us

I nodded and brushed his hand off my shoulder. Maybe because of him, I became like this. I now understand why Kaito said not to be friends with detectives.

I followed Genta and the others to what seemed to be the back side of the mansion.

"Look here it is!" Genta pressed his hand against the gate and a certain spot of the gate opened, "It's hidden in the grass, but you can still get through it!"

We entered on by one and I took out my handkerchief from my back pocket. Since the grass reached my waist and it was wet, my hands and legs wet.

I wiped my hands and folded the handkerchief back into my pocket. The secret entrance where we entered from closed from behind me making me look back at it.

"Lilith-chan, hurry up!" Ayumi yelled, already ahead of me

"Ah, coming.."

I jogged my way to the others in front of the door and we all stared at it. Genta reached for the door knob and turned it to the side and suprisingly, the door opened.

"Oh, it's unlocked!"

Genta fully opened it and we all took a peek. The room was dark. I couldn't tell if there were furniture or anything.

"It's so dark, I can't see anything." Genta said

"It's kind of creepy.." Mitsuhiko said in a shakey voice

I felt a drop of water land on the top of my head. I looked up and then another one dropped on my forehead. It was raining now.

"He-hey, let's go back. Look it's raining!!" Ayumi said as her legs started to tremble

"You idiot! We can't leave now that we're here!!" Genta yelled. He pushed Conan and Mitsuhiko in front and I stayed behind Ayumi,"If you want to go home, go by your self."

"N-no way.."

Ayumi held my hand in fear. Since she was just a little kid, I just let her be. I looked up to see the gloomy gray sky. Suddenly, there was a thunder lightning making a boom sound.

Hearing the loud noise of thunder made Ayumi scream and sprinted her way into the mansion. But she was still holding my hand.

"Ay-Ayumi!!" I yelled as she pulled me with her

Ayumi bumped into something hard while she was running into the mansion making both of us fall into the dirty tiled floor.

"Ow.." I heard Ayumi groan

I caressed my head a bit and raised my head up only to see Conan with his hand stretched out. I looked at him and then back at his hand.

"Come on, let me be a gentleman for once." He said with an assuring smile

I sighed and took his hand. He pulled me up and Ayumi began to whine saying how she got all dirty. I looked down at my clothes and they were covered in dust.

Of course, this mansion has never been touched. And nobody has lived here for years so I would understand why there's a lot of dust.

"Ah! There's a bathroom here! Lilith-chan, come let's wash our hands!" Ayumi said walking into a room which I suppose is the bathroom