Chapter 34: Hello Again Detective

Author's POV
Just like the last night, everything was prepared just the same for the tonight. The four guards, the heel stand, the net. Except for the audience.

The net was already up before Kaito Kid even appeared and didn't have the audience inside just like last night. Jirokichi also shut off all TV crew broadcasting from the roof.

"Oh Kid-Sama!" Sonoko squealed looking at her phone

"Eh?"  Ran turned to look at her and then thephone, "Is this last night's TV broadcast?"

"Yes! Since I have nothing to do while I'm waiting, I'm watching the one I recorded last night!"

"Hey...I've always wondered..but why does Kid always dresses in white? Since he always appears at night, I think it'd be better to be dressed in black so he'd be inconspicuous..like Black Swan you know!"

"That's easy!" Sonoko shouted, "Because phantom thieves are fearless and splendid! Unlike Black Swan who always dresses in all Black."

You secretly glared at Sonoko when she she said that. Black Swan is still fearless and splendid whatsoever.

"Aren't Black Swan and Kaito Kid the same? They both are thieves, play with magic, and are a team?"

"Yes, but! Black Swan is only a student to Kaito Kid." Sonoko explained with her index finger up

"Huh?"

"Didn't you hear Black Swan yell out 'Sensei!!!' when she was falling from a building?"

A small sweat dropped fell from your check remembering that day. You where fleeing the scene with Kid after successfully stealing a gem that was guarded with hundreds of policemen.

Kid and Swan always go separate ways when running away. Since Black Swan is wearing all black, she flys down and lands safely on the ground hiding in the shadows.

With just one twirl and a blanket over her, she is back to a normal civilian and goes back home to where Kaito will be.

But that night was...a bit different. As usual, Black Swan and Kid went separate ways, but just when you were about the jump down to fly away, your wings got hit by bullets.

You were unable to maintain your balance since you were so close to the edge that you fell from a 20 meter high building. Due to your wings getting shot, there was no way to fly back up.

Out of fear, you screamed "Sensei" really loud that even the police and people that where already on the ground could hear. You felt yourself getting lower and lower with every second that past.

Just when you were about to hit the ground, Kid rushed over to catch you and bring you back up. He had picked you up bridal style with one of your hands around his neck while the other one was tightly held onto his suit.

It wasn't wierd for him to pick you up like that. He does that a lot just to joke around. He picks up from bed, from the couch, from the grass, every where.

But luckily, you weren't harmed or injured. But it did infact take a long time to fix up the wings. And for Kaito to let you go out again and Black Swan.

He did let you continue as Black Swan but...you noticed he looked panicked. At first you thought it was because he was caution of you getting hurt.

..But looking more into it, you didn't remember any policemen behind you in the roof with you. You were all alone... So who could've shot you??

Was there someone else in the rooftop hiding? That same night when you two were walking back home, the phone rang from a phone booth. Since you and Kaito were the only ones there, Kaito decided to answer it.