Chapter 40: A Sad Goodbye

Y/n's POV
"Are you sure you're okay??" Hiroto asked for the hundredth time

"Yes~." I replied with a small groan

"Do you need me to come with you??" He asked as I put on my shoes

"No need, I can manage." I smiled widely. "I'll be back soon Oto-san!" I waved at him and left the house

I let out a sigh of relief. I haven't felt such emotion since that day. Hiroto-San is a nice person, people like him shouldn't be having bad luck like that.

I walked up to the river and slowly balanced myself on top of one of the rocks. I'm still Black Swan and have to keep it like that. Even though Kaito might not let me anymore...

I jumped into another rock and nearly jumped when I heard someone shout.

"HEY!"

I quickly turned around and my eyes widened. It was a police officer with a police dog. The dog started barking and the man started calling someone over the walkie-talkie.

"I found the missing girl at the- HEY!! WHERE ARE YOU GOING!!"

I jumped of another rock and then another to get to the other side of the river. I ran and I heard the man let the dog go. I crouched and pressed the back of my shoes and the skates popped from the bottom.

I turned every corners I found and heard sirens in the distance. I mentally cursed in my head and went through an alley way. I just kept getting myself lost and lost even more.

I turned my head to the side to see if anyone was running after me. But as soon as I did, I bumped into something, or someone, making me fall backwards.

"I found her." A man said over his walkie-talkie

Before I could even bring myself up and run away, the man grabbed me and started to drag me. I screamed, yelled, and even tried to bit him but he wouldn't let me go.

"LET ME GO! DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH ME!! HELP!!!"

He didn't listen to me and kept talking to his other partners on the walkie-talkie. I can't go back. Hiroto-San needs me... He needs his daughter...

__

"Thank goodness you're okay!" Ran exclaimed hugging me tightly

I didn't budge to hug her back. I wanted to go back to Hiroto-San! I didn't care if I went missing for three days, I want to go back.

"Where was she?"

I looked up and noticed that Osaka guy was here. 'Don't tell me he was also here because of my disappearance.' I groaned in my head.

"She was in the river next to the Hago street. No one was with her, she was alone." The police responded

Ran finally let go and I felt a hand on my shoulder. My eyes widened and grabbed the hand and twisted it slightly.

"O-OW!! I'M SORRY!" Conan winced making me gasp

I let go and felt the police's and the detective's eyes on me. "L-Lilith-chan..."

"I apologize." I said as I gritted my teeth

"Lilith-chan, it's okay. I'm sure you went through a lot." Inspector Megure said crouching to my level

'You're wrong.'

"Tell me, did you escape?" He asked and I stayed silent. "Do you know where the place you were being held in?" He asked and again I stayed silent.

"Do you remember the face of your kidnapp-"

Takagi was interrupted with a card flying right next to his face. Everyone stared at me with shock and I gave Takagi a deadly glare. "He didn't kidnap me." I said still galring at him