Chapter 43: Don't Say Anything

My eyes slowly opened as I felt my body being shaken. "Hey she's awake!"

I groaned while attempting sitting up straight. I placed my hand on my forehead feeling dizzy and lightheaded.

"Does it hurt anywhere??" Conan asked worried.

"I'm not dead?" I asked squinting my eyes around to see myself at the warehouse with everyone else.

"Thank goodness you aren't!" Ran sighed in relief. "It passed four hours and you weren't waking up, we were so worried-" 

"It's all because of your cousin!" Oji-san interrupted.

"My...cousin?" I tilted my head at who he was referring to. I barely knew any of my other family members, let alone a cousin of mines.

"Yeah! That Kaito guy!" Oji-san sighed frustrated.

'Kaito? My cousin?' I questioned in my head. My gaze suddenly lifted up to Conan who had his index finger on his lips with his head slightly tilted.

I couldn't help but to snicker at his little play. "What did he do." I asked looking back at the others.

"THAT LITTLE BRAT LEFT US TO DIE HERE!"

"He deactivated his bomb to and left to where you fell. He came back soaked with hold you 'bridal style' and laid you down." Haibara said helping me up.

"He was going to leave but Oto-san didn't allow him. All he said was 'I have unfinished business I have to attend to' and left."

Unfinished business? What did he mean by that?

__

Heiji came back a while later. He was panting extremely hard, turns out he was being chased by a group of black men attempting to harm him.

Heiji only had a minor injury and manager to get away safely. Suddenly, the TV turned on making everyone jump up in surprise and look toward it.

"I'm surprised. You all managed to complete your task. I'm more surprised to see you're alive...my dear, dear swan."

My breath hitched at the name he gave me. That person knew my true disguise as Black Swan, then surely he would know who Kaito was.

"Why do you keep calling her swan?!" Ran yelled confused.

"My my...you don't know?" He chuckled, "How about a little story yeah?"

"WE DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR STUPID STORIES! JUST LETS US FREE!!" I yelled, my hands in a fist.

"Oh but you'll love this one. You see, I knew your father. I knew him very, very well. But he wanted to steal what was mine even though I warned him so many times to not touch it. He was stupid for not listening to my warnings and ended up meeting his fate...in a rollercoaster."

My body trembled and soon my fear turned into anger. I understood everything what happened that day of the magic show. It wasn't an accident, it was a murder.

"You....YOU KILLED MY FATHER!!" I yelled gripping the small TV.

"But, Lilith-chan...didn't you say your parents died from a plane crash?"

"Don't you love secrets huh? And no I didn't kill your father. Your trusted babysitter since the age of nine did...Miyano Akemi."

My heart sank and I felt my world disappear. The woman who saved me and took care of me all those years placed a bomb to kill my own father.

"You're lying..."

"Why would I lie? That woman worked for us just like her sister did. Such a naive girl...she was useless to us."

"DON'T YOU DARE CALL HER USELESS!" Haibara yelled, of course she would mad, it's her sister that we're talking about.

"Seems like our old friend finally spoke. You would've gotten into a higher position if you weren't so worried about your useless sister. But look at you know, a small, little, and useless little girl just like Akemi."

"OI JUST LEAVE US!!" Heiji yelled knowing where this was going.

"I'll keep it shut Osakan boy, unless you want your beloved Kazuha to leave this world."

"Quit bringing other people into this situation!! Be a man and show your face!!" Conan scoffed.

"I'd say the same thing for you. Why don't we tell our little Ran why you're here."

"E-eh.."

"It's such a shame the drug didn't work to kill you that day. Now look at you, a defenseless little kid. All of you meet the same tragic path. Believe it or not, I feel pity for you."

"I don't need your pity. People like you don't even have a heart to show anything." I rolled my eyes.

It stayed silent after that making me feel victorious that I had the last word. But that feeling left in such a short second.

"Wouldn't it be a shame if...something happened? Like for example, who you really are."

The three of us flinched when he said that. I wanted to yell and scream.. we've gotten so far hiding our real identities. But now, all of a sudden, we were held captive with the anxiety that this man will reveal who I am.

Both of my identities! That I am Kuroba Y/n and Black Swan. I didn't want that to happen, not like this. Not in front of Conan..

"Why so quiet? Don't tell me you are scared of what I'm going to say."

"Conan-kun, what is he talking about??" Ran asked worried.

"Nothing!"

"What drug is he talking about?!"

"Don't worry about it!"

"Conan-kun! I'm dying of worry here! Tell me what this man is talking about!"

"I don't know!"

Ran turned her face to me, "Lilith-chan! Who is this man?? You have to know since that man knew who your cousin is!"

"I-I don't know! I swear!! I would've told you if I could but I seriously don't know what relationship he has with my br- cousin."

"Well your cousin had to tell you." Oji-san said, joining Ran in questioning.

"He didn't! I was abroad in Paris while he was here in Japan!"

"Exactly! If he was your cousin, why couldn't you've gone to his house instead of ours?! You told us your parents died in a plane crash but turns out your father died in a rollercoaster accident and your mother is alive?!"

"N-no....I.."

"What other lies were you telling us?!"

"Way more lies than you can imagine."