Chapter 27: The New Girl

Y/n's POV
"Ah, Y/n, here." I turned my gaze to Conan as we walked through the halls of the school to get to our classroom

"What is it?"

Conan reached into his pocket and took out my handkerchief with a smirk, "Kaito Kuroba."

My lips parted a bit to me being startled. "K.K stands for Kaito Kuroba, your brother. Am I right?"

I blinked twice as I stared into his ocean blue eyes. A smile formed it's way to my lips. "That's...right. I'm surprised little det-"

I stopped what I was saying making him turn to look at me.

"Hm?"

What was I thinking? I was about to call him what Black Swan called him. Little Detective...

"Lilith-chan!! Conan-kun!!" Ayumi yelled as we I entered the classroom

"Good morning to you too, Ayumi." I muttered under my breath

"There will be a new student in our class!!" Ayumi announced in excitement

"Really??"

"Yeah! That's what the Professor Kobayashi said in the cafeteria!"

I set my bag down next to Conan as Ayumi, Mitsuhiko, and Genta talked about the new student. I sat down and and Ayumi jumped in front of my desk.

"What do you think, Lilith-chan? About the new student."

"Magic is supposed to be a surprise isn't it? If you know what's behind it.." I raised my hand up to her and in a swift motion, a rose appeared in my hand, "..it's pretty boring right?"

"Woah! So cool!!" Ayumi exclaimed as she took the rose in her hands

I smiled as the door from the classroom opened and the children scattered around to find their seats. The teacher came in with a little girl by her side.

She had neck length hair, light brown hair color, dark blue eyes and she had a blank expression. The class squealed as she stood in front of the room.

"Class, meet our friend, Ai Haibara! Be nice with her." The teacher looked around the room, "Where will you be sitting, Ai?"

Genta raised his hand with a wide smile, "Next to me, teacher! It is-"

Genta stopped when the girl walked past him, ignoring him. Accidentally, we made eye contact with each other.

'Those eyes...'

She sat right behind me and I could feel her piercing eyes, staring at me. If I turned around, I'm sure we would lock eyes.

~~~~

After a long day, school finally ended and the detective boys and I were walking to the entrance were our lockers are. I don't know why they decided I was part of it since I'm no where near being a detective

"Hey.. Ai!" Ayumi yelled

I looked ahead of me and there she was..Ai Haibara. "Let's go home together!"

Haibara looked at her for a split second before walking faster, ignoring Ayumi. She really is cold.

"Don't bother! She's weird!" Genta yelled as he put his hands behind his head

Ayumi looked at Genta with a worried expression before turning back around and ran up to Haibara, catching up to her along with Mitsuhiko.