Chapter 36: Linked Lives On Valentines

Y/n's POV

February 14th

The day every girl on earth give either homemade chocolate or store chocolate to the boy they like. It can be done personally or putting it in their locker.

I was not excited for valentine's day. It's not that I hated it. It's just that I never made a huge deal about it. At first, I was so excited to receive chocolates.

But it turned out to be a disaster due to Kaito getting his leg injured. I wasn't Black Swan back then since it was the first year Kaito allowed me to enter back to school.

So I was clueless about how Kaito had gotten his leg injured. He didn't play any sports so I was confused at why that happen. But that wasn't the case.

I had to stay home and miss school to take care of him since Jii-chan had to go to work. He really didn't have much to worry about. Even though Kaito was injured, he could still be the "man of the house".

Some years went by, and every 14th of February, Kaito gets either a cold, an injury, or anything that'll make him not go to school. If he wasn't going to school, I wasn't either.

I started to practice making chocolates at home and enjoy them with Kaito since I couldn't receive them at school. Once Kaito was healed, he would always run to school first with a large plastic bag.

Why's that? To get all of the chocolates that were placed in my locker and throw them out to the trash. I would always whine about, but he would respond with:

"You don't know who sent these!"

"They could have poison in it!"

"You had enough yesterday, you could get a stomachache or a worse! Cavities!"

He would come up with excuses that didn't even make sense sometimes. So basically, each 14th of February, I never recieved any chocolates from anyone.

But this year, I just hope that Kaito didn't get sick. After all, the weather stated tgere was a chance of snow in the afternoon or night.

I got dressed into my school uniform with my coat and scarf. I exited my bedroom and saw Sonoko takking to Ran. Conan was sitting down on the couch with a bored expression on.

"Hey Ran let's make chocolates today!" Sonoko exclaimed in excitement

"Eh? Right now? But we have school remember!"

"Come on~ I know you want to give chocolate to Shinichi." Sonoko teased wiggling her eyebrows

My gaze turned to look at Conan whose face was redder than a tomato. I bit my bottom lip at his reaction and looked down.

"S-Sonoko!" Ran yelled embarrassed

Sonoko laughed at her friend, " So? You coming?"

Ran cooled herself down, though you could still see her flustered cheeks. "A-alright.."

"Can I come?"

Sonoko, Ran, and Conan turned to look at me who suddenly yelled out. I realized what I had just said and my cheeks grew red from embarrassment and who came to my mind.