Chapter 49 - Epilogue (Pt. 1)

^Lacie (again) :(

A/N - These last two chapters will be from Soren's POV. I didn't want to put his name in the chapter titles, though, so there aren't any spoilers if anyone scrolls to see the chapter titles early.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 49 - Epilogue (Part 1)

POV: Soren (District 4)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been six months since the Games. Six months since I finally came home and since I saw my family again.

I naively thought it would get easier over the last six months. Cressa told me that the pain of the Games might never go away, and I didn't believe her. I believe her now. Every night, I'm visited in my sleep by those who never made it out of the Arena. Last night in my dreams I brought Nia and Dalia to District 4 for the first time. They were amazed. We had a picnic out in the Glade with Lacie. We even passed Wade on the way, and he joined us for a bit. Everything was so serene. I wish it was real. I wish I could talk to Lacie or Dalia one last time. Even Robin. After everything he did to me, I understand. He was just trying to survive in any way he could.

I open the door to my massive Victors' Village house to greet my guests. The house is much too large for just one teenage boy like me, especially one who has lived in a house of six people his whole life, but I'm not complaining.

Indigo practically shrieks when she sees me, hobbling up the driveway in insanely tall high-heels trailed by my styling team. Cressa joins them as well.

"Wow," Indigo says, breathless, as she examines my suit. It's a pinkish red shade, which I suppose is my signature color now. During the Games, my hair was dyed the color by my stylists, but since then, I've let it return to its natural brown. Just like my interview outfit, my suit has some sort of scaly pattern on it to signify a fish.

After about an hour of preparations, I'm finally ready.

"The cameras are waiting for you," Cressa tells me. "It's go time."

I nod, stepping out of my house. My family is all outside, waiting for me. I give Roman a small wave, and he tries to wave back as well as he can while holding Jasmine in his arms. I stand next to Marina.

"How's the project going?" I ask her.

"It's going well," she tells me. "It'll be done by the time you get back."

I'm excited. Marina's an amazing artist, so I've asked her to make something special for me.

I hug her. "Thank you."

"Alright, big smiles, everyone!" Indigo calls from behind the camera.

Ross appears on a monitor as I put my widest smile on.

"Hello, you all!" he says loudly. "Good to see you after so many months."

"It's been a while, Ross. I've been settling in here but having a brother in the Victor's Village has certainly made it easier," I tell him.

"I know all of Panem is certainly looking forward to your Victory Tour. Any news?" he asks me. I'm sure nobody in Panem is looking forward to the Victory Tour, but I don't say that.

"Well, since I've returned, my sister Marina has finally gotten married..."

Marina smiles next to me and holds up her hand, which has a ring on it.

".. and Jasmine just turned six years old!" I say happily.

Ross coos at Jasmine as she grins cheekily at the camera.