𝐒𝐢𝐥𝐤 𝐓𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡

Pairing: Ranboo + Reader
Warnings: None
Pronouns: They/them

----------

(Y/n) casually strode around the house they had just moved into. The place was pretty empty and they were circling around the different rooms, along with Ranboo who was tagging closely behind them. They had their enderchest placed in the middle of the first section of the house and it was opened for them so that they could place their own items in the other rooms.

As they finished part of the ground floor, they took the ladder down to the basement. Though, as they got to the negative floor, they walked towards the middle of the basement and exhaled to themself, sighing as they remembered that they had forgotten something.

"Uh- Ranboo?" They looked up at the ceiling of the basement, calling out to Ranboo who was on the floor above them. He tilted his head down at the ground.

"Yeah?" He responded, his voice softly muffling though the mask he wore over his mouth.

"Can you grab my ender chest for me?" They asked him. Ranboo looked down at the dark purple-ish box that emitted a faint blur and violet glow, it was very ominous indeed.

"Uh- I don't have a pickaxe." He replied, checking his hot bar space for the items he carried on his person. An axe, a sword, but no pickaxe. There was a short silence between the two of them before (Y/n) lifted their head up, going to make them way back towards the ladder. "Wait- No, never mind! I got it!" He hummed proudly to himself.

(Y/n) cautiously furrowed their eyebrows as they laid their hand on the side of the ladder, lifting their foot up onto one of the steps as they climbed up it. A few seconds passed and they made their way up to the top, their body poking out of the little trap door.

"Ranboo, I've got a spare pickaxe in the ender chest, I can just give it to you to break it-" They were surprised to turn around to see Ranboo stood there with the ender chest, no pickaxe in sight.

Their eyes widened from the shock and a look of surprise washed over their face, their jaw dropping slightly. They quickly pulled herself out of the trap door and swiftly stumbled over to Ranboo to look at the chest he was carrying.

"Uh- Is that my ender chest?" They questioned, eying it. Their hand traced over the lid and the eye of ender in the centre of it all where the buckle between the lid and the box would be.

"Yeah?" He said, confused at their query.

"H-How did you collect it? I thought you said you didn't have a pickaxe?" They kindly took the ender chest from his arms, stammering due to the simple surprise.

"I just... Picked it up." Ranboo shrugged plainly.

"W-" They cut themself off. "Really?"

"Yeah."

"But... But it's a silk touch item." They reminded him slowly, looking over the ender chest to make sure nothing was wrong with it. They lifted it up to check all of its sides to ensure that it wasn't fake or that it was really their ender chest.

"Yeah, I know." He nodded.

"So... Not only would you have needed a diamond pickaxe, but you'd also have needed to have the silk touch enchantment." They declared with their eyes beginning to narrow, half from suspicion, half from curiosity.

"I'm aware, (Y/n/n)." He chuckled softly.

"So how did you do it? You didn't have a pickaxe..." They stored the ender chest away in their inventory as they looked back up at him with a puzzled gaze.

"I told you, I just picked it up." He trailed off slowly with a confused smile.

"That- But that doesn't make sense," (Y/n) laughed under their breath nervously as they began to sort through their inventory.

"I mean, can't you do it?" He questioned.

"Not without my pickaxe." They responded, taking out a grass block from their inventory.

Ranboo's eyes shimmered when he looked over the block, he seemed fixated on the specks of dirt and blades of grass that gently laid on top of the block. He looked intrigued. (Y/n) casually hovered the grass block over the floor before dropping it down onto the spruce planking of the ground. Ranboo's head tilted down at the block and back up at (Y/n). They had their arms folded over their chest as they sucked in a bit of air.

"Can you pick that up for me, please?" They smiled, gesturing down at the cubed structure.

"Okay!" Ranboo said without even a second thought. He sort of overlooked the fact that (Y/n) couldn't do it by themself or the fact that they were the one that placed the grass block there in the first place. But he thought, maybe it was just a misclick and that they didn't mean to.

Ranboo arched down slowly and scooped the grass block perfectly into his arms, little flecks of dust and dirt fell behind it, but other than that, it was perfect. Exactly how they had placed it.

(Y/n)'s eyes completely widened at the sight and they blinked a few times from surprise.

"What the-" They swiftly interrupted themself. "Ranboo, how did you do that?"

Ranboo casually handed the grass block back to (Y/n) so that they could put it back into their inventory. Reluctantly, the took a hold of the grass block.

"I don't know. It just happens." He mumbled. "Doesn't it happen to you too?"

"Not without the grass turning into dirt." They shrugged, glancing up at Ranboo.

"Oh..." He stared blankly at the wall before finding his gaze back onto (Y/n). "Do you know anybody else that can do that?"

"If I did, I wouldn't have been so surprised when you did it." They chuckled in response, turning their back to him to make their way over to the trap door once more.

"So... I'm different...?" He muttered slowly, causing (Y/n) to pause in their tracks just as they began to open the trap door. "Is it strange? Am I weird?" He quickly added on, wondering what others could think of the talent.

They turned their head back to him, smiling with tilted brows.

"Ranboo, it's not creepy, it's cool. And you're not weird, you're special." They stated boldly. "Not everybody has silk touch hands."

"So... I really am different?"

"Yeah," They nodded plainly. "But why is that a bad thing?"

On that note, (Y/n) ducked beneath the trap door and worked their way down the ladder back towards the basement that they were heading to. Ranboo was left on the ground floor, staring down at his hands, wondering what made him so unique. But looking down at his palms, all he saw were... Hands. His own hands.

Maybe (Y/n) was right. He was special. Nobody could perform that talent, that (Y/n) knew of, but him. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

He smiled to himself and held his head high as he went over to the trap door to meet (Y/n) in the next room.