𝐒𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠

Pairings: Technoblade x Reader
Warnings: None
Pronouns: They/them

——————————

(Y/n) hummed as they stirred the hot chocolate that was sat on top of the counter. The steam that flew off the cup circled around the cold room that's temperature felt both warm and frigid at the same time. The Christmas lights that hung above their head caused their eyelashes to flutter and their soft lips to curve into a sweet smile. They hummed quietly to the soft, melodic Festive music that was playing in the background and swayed quietly to the melody.

"You're still awake?" The door that lead to the kitchen creaked open, revealing the man that (Y/n) was happily married to. His voice was low and gravelly, like he sounded tired, but he looked quite awake. Despite having spent the entire night trying to entertain the rest of his family,

"Yep, still awake." They chuckled, holding their mug up and taking a small sip as Technoblade pushed the door behind him closed and walked further into the kitchen to meet his partner's side. "Seems like you're still awake too."

"We were all watching Home Alone but then I realised that they had all just fallen asleep." He smirked and rested his palms on the marble counter.

"All of them?" (Y/n) arched a brow, lowering their mug after swallowing one of the marshmallows that they had put into their hot chocolate.

"Yep. Philza's asleep on the chair, Tommy's laid out on the couch and both Ana and Fundy are passed out on the carpet."

"At least they're sleeping peacefully." (Y/n) folded their arms over their chest and rested against the counter. "What about the rest of them?"

"Dream, Drista, Tubbo and Ranboo are asleep, I'm pretty sure, and my mom and Sally have probably just gone upstairs." He responded steadily, resting his arm against the same island counter that (Y/n) had propped themself beside.

"What about Wilbur?" They asked. "Seems like you've failed to mention him."

"God knows." He huffed out. "That man's always dissapearing."

"You act like he dissapears on a daily basis." (Y/n) smirked, setting the mug down.

"You know, I think the most logical answer is probably that he's just upstairs with his wife, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's just wandered out into the night to hunt ghosts or something." Techno chuckled out lowly, which (Y/n) mirrored. It sounded like a joke, but they both knew full well that it was entirely possible.

"As long as everybody's safe and sound, it doesn't really matter what they're doing." (Y/n) tensed their shoulders as they scrunched their nose, smiling brightly.

Techno smiled, feeling his heart flutter at the sight of them. He let the silence engulf the two of the, letting the peace and serenity circle the atmosphere for just a few moments before clearing his throat, turning his head down just slightly. "Christmas as a couple really has changed, hasn't it?"

"It has..." they nodded silently, murmuring. They were thinking back to all the previous holidays they had spent with Technoblade, even the ones before Anastasia was even born. There were ones that dated back years from when they first met each other, back in times where they could still be considered a new couple.

"Yeah, it's changed a lot. Remember back when we couldn't even afford this house and we'd just spend the holidays in an inn?" He chuckled, (Y/n) nodded their head and beamed as they recalled the fond memories.

"Oh yeah! And we'd sit in the dining areas until like- midnight before they told us to go back to our room." They clasped their hands together as a wave of nostalgia had just begun to surge over their body. Oh, how they missed such a simpler time. Though, they didn't miss it because it was back before they formed their family, but because they missed the older aspects of their relationship. Back when they were still discovering new things about each other.

"Mhm... Now we're older... We're spending Christmas with my father, my brothers and our child. All those years ago, we were basically just kids." Technoblade fiddled with his thumbs as he shrugged his shoulders.

"It's all different now, isn't it?" (Y/n) questioned, a look in their eyes that was torn between upset and gladdened by the fact. Should they be happy that it's different? That they can now spend Christmas with an extended family? Or should they be heartbroken and upset that things have changed and would never be the same. "Nothing's the same..."

"Well." Technoblade said flatly, causing (Y/n)'s head to perk up slightly. "There's one thing that's stayed the same."

As Technoblade said that, he gestured over towards the small radio that played the soft, Christmas music. The song was a mix of instruments like a piano and guitar and altogether, it made this wonderful rhythm. (Y/n) blushed slightly at the sentiment and recalled what made the radio so important. It wasn't actually the radio: it was the music playing.

Back when the two of them still lived in an inn together, they would play the same Festive music during the holidays and the two of them would always dance to it together in the dining area at night when nobody else was around. The memories filled their head and caused their face to turn red.

Technoblade took a step back and held his palm out, flashing (Y/n) a smirk. They knew exactly what he was doing.

"Really, Techno?" They snickered.

"Come on..." he pleaded. "It's tradition."

"We haven't done this tradition in years."

"Well, let's bring it back to life." He suggested slowly.

(Y/n) carefully brought their hand back up and placed it in Techno's palm, allowing him to bring them closer into the center of the room so that they could begin the dance.

The strums of the guitar were so beautiful, it was like dripping sweet honey into your ears. (Y/n) lifted their arms up so that they could wrap their hands around the back of their husband's neck and Techno put his hands on their back, just above their waist. It was almost like a hug, but they were pulled apart very slightly. They swayed their hips to the music and turned in slow circles, just enjoying the moment.

When Technoblade rested his head on theirs as the music continued, (Y/n) felt the same butterflies in their stomach that she felt when they and Technoblade were just two teenagers with a dream and were in love.

It was so similar to the moments they shared with him in the past and it recalled so many memories that they thought were lost in their head forever. Now that they had retrieved these past images, they were so glad.

(Y/n) tilted their head up to see Techno, still swaying to the music, with his eyes closed and a sweet smiled drawn across his face while his head rested against (Y/n) in a close manner. He looked so at peace and close to them, they blushed as they felt the same swirly feeling in their chest started to rise up their throat and cause them to choke a little on nothing.

This... This was the man that they had fallen in love with. This was the man that they wanted to spend the rest of their life with.