𝐒𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐨

Pairing: Technoblade x Reader
Warnings: Slight derealisation
Pronouns: They/them

----------

Karl's mind had wandered once more. In fact, it wasn't just his mind that wandered, it was his entire body. But it certainly felt like his head was the first to dissapear off into this new reality because the new sounds and sights that he was forced to process all within the single second of transporting there made him want to pull out his curled locks out of pure frustration. Time travelling and reality shifting was always painful for him. His success for doing so always came with its negatives, and the burning migraines that he got every time was only one of the things that pained him to do it. Nevertheless, he continued every time.

As the pebbles he had landed against shuffled beneath his palms, he pried open his eyes to a colourful setting. The atmosphere felt so different, it was like he had to adjust to being on a whole other planet. To put it into perspective, it was like someone had turned the saturation up on the fucking world. The stones beneath his hands formed a complete straight path. Beside the walkway were perfectly trimmed blades of dorset green grass and the skies were of a perfect shade of blue, not a single cloud to clutter the heavens.

"Ugh..." Karl grumbled out, trying to ruffle the leftover debris in his hair. For some reason, this shift felt a lot more painful. "What the hell was that..?"

Feeling a knotting pain in his stomach, he immediately flopped down onto his back from the position he was formerly in. He wanted to regain his thoughts; trying to regain his strength first seemed like the better option. Though, as he laid on his back with his face to the sky and his eyes fluttered shut, he just couldn't help but feel something staring at him. He was scared to open his eyes again, afraid he'd find someone among the unrealistically perfect world. Nevertheless, he did so. Slowly and with cautious as to not blind him from the sun that shine directly above him.

"Hey, man!" A chirpy voice sounded above him.

"OH, FUCK—" Karl immediately recoiled, stumbling back and widening his vision even further so he could see clearly who had startled him. He rolled over so he knew he wasn't sat directly beneath the person and held his hand to his heart, his breathing only becoming more rapid.

"That's a really weird way to greet someone, but I'm all for opening my eyes to new strategies!" They chimed before casually making their way to the new space Karl had rolled over to. "After all, we're all different!" They chuckled.

Karl squinted at the hazed silhouette, rubbing one of his eyes and narrowing his view yet again, hoping for the blur to become clearer. "...Tubbo?" He whispered unsurely.

He looked different.

Actually, he looked a lot different.

What was once an untame bush of brown curls that fell over his eyes, his hair was brushed and neat. There was obviously still some aspects of liveliness in his mane, but not the kind that he had once displayed. Some strands were looped into tiny braids with green pins and clips that held them in place. His hair didn't look bushy anymore, it was just really wavy. It was like you could actually run your hands through them. And it was perhaps the first time that Karl actually had the opportunity to look into his sea-coloured eyes as they had always seemed to be covered. And the moments where he did see them, they were circled in darkness and had eyebags dumped beneath his eyelids. Every white strand of stress, every wrinkle of unhappiness and every burn scar that once adorned his complexion had vanished. It looked like he had never suffered a bad day in his life.