𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬

Pairing: Karl Jacobs x Reader
Warnings: Destruction, insanity
Pronouns: They/them

----------

The blood vines looked to be surrounding the entire village, there wasn't a single building or landmark that hadn't been wrapped in the red. Just the sight of it all caused something to turn in Karl's stomach that made him feel a sort of scared-sick. The vibrancy was enough to engulf his eyes in the rosy area, his iris becoming overtaken by the unnatural tone.

He stood right by (Y/n)'s side. They were sat atop a throne-like structure that was made of the blood vines created from the egg. The scarlet nature found its way around them and the throne that they sat upon and they felt engulfed by the power it maintained. They felt... Stronger. Their armour was overtaken by the carmine colour and their iris shone the vermillion shade of the blood vines. Nothing welcomed them more than the feeling of strength they were given just from being in the egg's presence.

"It's almost overtaken the entire city..." (Y/n) chuckled maniacally, leaning over their throne to gaze at the wonder.

Karl gulped nervously, forcing a smile through his fear. He felt the sweat drip down the side of his head as he fiddled with the sleeves of his hoodie. He had to appear differently to how he usually would. Faux vines wrapped around his arms, red paint was drawn on the side of his face in the shape of the roots and he wore red contacts in both of his eyes. Though, even beneath the contacts, his eyes felt like they were burning with pain at the sight he was being forced to endure.

"Isn't this great, Karl?!" (Y/n) exclaimed through a broken stare, their hands slamming on the sides of the throne. "Soon the entire Dream SMP is going to be covered in these vines!"

"It's... Great..!" He replied in a voice he tried to make monotone, but the fear in his voice broke through. Fortunately for him, the shift in his tone went completely unnoticed by (Y/n). "...But... Why would you want to overtake the entirety of the SMP?"

"Amazing question!" Their eyes flickered as they turned their head. "Ask yourself-" They began, clearing their throat. "Why would someone want to wear a crown? Why would someone run for president? Why would a monarch want to invade other countries?" He knew that these questions were rhetorical, but he kept answering them in his head. "It's all for power and it's all to flaunt it." They chuckled. "Why be stronger than everybody else when you can't show people that you're stronger than everybody else?"

"But... Are you not afraid?" He asked.

"Afraid of what?" They looked back and didn't even look him in the eye, they were so fixated by everything that was going on.

"...Of... Hurting people?" He caught the brushed-off stare in their eyes and felt like he had already seen the answer.

"Oh Karl," They grinned. "Nobody will ever be truly hurt if they love it." Their eyes glowed a darker shade of red.

"That's a little masochistic, don't you think?" He twiddled his thumbs nervously.

"Maybe." They shrugged. "But it's true." Their grin grew wider as they slumped back into their seat with a happy sigh. "Think of this: If people love the blood vines, nobody will ever want to get rid of it! Which means that it'll never bother anyone."

"You really think that it doesn't bother anyone?" He queried shortly under his breath, causing (Y/n) to raise a brow at him.

"What do you mean?"

"Eh-" He covered up his nervousness with a quick cough. He hadn't realised that he had said that sentence out loud. "I just mean that- Surely you can't think that everybody loves these vines..."