𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐒𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 (𝟐)

Pairings: Dream x Reader
Warnings: None
Pronouns: They/them

——————————

Dream watched from the sidelines as the two families all bonded with each other over little things, like food and where they currently were in life. Philza, Puffy and (Y/n) were sat by the picnic benches, preparing the snacks, while Wilbur, Tommy, Jayden and Fundy were scurrying around the field, chasing after each other, playing their own little games.

It was all a little surreal taking this in. To be honest, Dream still wasn't sure if he had decided to believe (Y/n) when they said they had a family now... Or that they had one for the past few years. Of course, the evidence was all there. The two of them shared a home, a child... It all seemed to mirror what (Y/n)'s formed life with Technoblade used to be like and it didn't exactly sit right with him knowing that he's somehow fitted himself into the equation. Just like that. It didn't make sense.

"Hey, Dream." Technoblade's voice piped up beside him, causing Dream's heart to practically leap out of his chest from surprise. He clutched it, trying to regain his thoughts as he turned to Techno with a weak smile.

"Oh, hey Techno..." He chuckled lowly, blinking a few more times than usual.

"You feelin' okay?" He questioned, raising his eyebrows in concern as he leaned back to rest against one of the tables. "You're not actin' like your usual self."

"And what's my usual self?" Dream queried.

"You know..." Techno murmured. "Bold... Talkative." He shrugged. "Just not whatever this is." Techno gestured over to him, looking him up and down.

"What do you mean?"

"You're all closed off... Quiet." He stated simply. "Like you're thinking really hard."

"Is that a bad thing...? Thinking?" Dream narrowed his eyes with a blank stare darting over to Technoblade. He immediately shot him a glare back.

"I never said that." He grumbled slowly. "I said that it was unlike you. I'm not tryin' to argue with you, Dream. I just wanted to see if you were okay." He muttered back quietly, looking over in front of him to see everybody going on with their lives.

"I'm sorry." Dream responded under his breath. "I wasn't trying to start a fight."

"You sure?" Techno raised a brow as he looked over his shoulder at Dream. "Because it feels like you've been trying to start fights since a few years ago."

"What do you mean..?"

"Are you kidding? I swear you've had it out for me ever since you got married to (Y/n)." Techno huffed, holding his palm against the little fence that they were leaned against and turning over to Dream with a stare of disbelief. "Phil told me that you tried to fight tooth and nail to cancel this brunch but (Y/n) had to drag you by the ear."

"That's... Not what happened..." Dream replied under his breath, trying his best to remember any time period before the morning.

"It's fine to be embarrassed by that. We all have places we don't wanna be." He uttered calmly.

"I do wanna be here, trust me." Dream cleared his throat, looking over at the field once more. "I just woke up in the wrong bed-" He cut himself off when he earned a confused glance from Technoblade. Pulling back his words, Dream repeated himself. "...On the wrong side of the bed..." He corrected himself.

The silence crowded between Techno and Dream for a moment longer before Dream felt the need to break it with a silly question.

"Techno-" Dream exclaimed, leaning towards him slightly. "...Let's say... Hypothetically... I woke up with a huge headache and extreme amnesia this morning and didn't remember anything from the past decade..."