𝐀𝐭 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐒𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 (𝟑)

Pairings: Dream x Reader, Technoblade x Reader
Warnings: None
Pronouns: They/them

——————————

He looked over the hall that was absolutely swarmed with people. He was stood in the same hall he had a few years ago when Pogtopia overthrew the government and held that party in celebration. Today was still a celebration, it was just for something different. Something completely different.

Tables and chairs were laid out in a very neat setting and every bit of furniture paved the way for the table that held the two that allowed this celebration to be possible. The wedded couple. The tablecloths looked to match the themes of royalty, a wedding only fit for people like them, who were basically loved by the entire town.

That table sat the couple, the bridesmaids and the maid of honour. Dream, who was deemed the Best Man of the wedding wasn't sat in place he was meant to be though. Instead of sitting with his friends and his best friend, (Y/n) he was leaned against the wall on the side of the room.

He smiled softly when he saw (Y/n). If only he could tell them how beautiful they looked that night. Their hair was styled beautifully and their body was wrapped in a pure, white outfit. They looked stunning, and it ached him to see how happy they looked to be while he was stood by the sideline.

He felt his heart sink, just a little, when their head fell gently onto Technoblade's shoulder as they smiled, probably laughing at a joke that he had told. Their cheeks were practically glowing a perfect shade of pink and their eyelashes batted along to the rhythm of the music that was booming in the hall.

Technoblade, smirking, turned to look down at his now-wedded partner that was resting on his shoulder and chuckled. He leaned down to plant a kiss on their head which caused (Y/n) to glance up at their husband with a look of love sprinkled in their eyes.

Despite being on the other side of the room, Dream still caught that look. He was able to catch that look from a mile away. He remembered the way they'd dance across the room with the letters that Technoblade sent and how their smile would compliment their eyes. It was a look of pure, romantic attachment... Which wasn't a look that Dream had ever received.

Though, he wish he did. Dream was never able to express his love for (Y/n) as freely as he ever would have wanted to. It was just something that pained him to do because of how much he knew that (Y/n) was already devoted to somebody else. He wish he was able to receive those looks from them. He wished they could rest their head on his shoulder and chuckle softly at the jokes that he made, even if they were the worst ones he could ever tell. But none of those things had ever happened for him. And they never, ever will.

His blazer was thrown onto one of the chair and he was just left in his white, polo shirt as he had undid his tie and abandoned it along with his jacket. Dream turned towards the curtains that led to the balcony, and wandered through.

He undid the top button of his shirt so he could breathe easier and leaned against the marble fence. His dirty-blonde hair was pushed back slightly by the wind and his green eyes were like poison to the royal shade of blue that painted the night sky.

He exhaled deeply, ruffling his hair and leaned down to face the ground as he winced in an emotional fit of pain.

He couldn't believe that he was allowing himself to feel these feelings. This feeling of jealousy. It wasn't right. (Y/n) had been his best friend for the longest time, it was fair to them that he wasn't happy for them on their special day. He was selfish, he knew it. It wasn't fair for him to get upset when (Y/n) was at the happiest point of their life. His emotions would've just tainted the day and it would've made everything worse.