Hospital

Wednesday 23rd June 2040 (Katrina age 19)

Many times I had found myself in front of this place, trying to convince myself to go in. But I never had, I had never felt the courage to face my problems and to get help. I stood by the doors of the Hospital, looking up at the building that loomed overhead. The doors opened and I took a cautious step into the building.

"I'd like to see someone?" I asked tying to sound vaguely normal and less nervous.

"Name" she said, clearly bored out of her mind with people coming up and bothering her.

"Katrina" I said quietly so only she could hear. She looked up and a smile grew across her face.

"I will just get him". I watched her go into the back room. Out he came, tall with his hair quaffed into a sharp point. He gasped when he saw me and put on a stern look.

"Where have you been? 1 year, a whole year. You are supposed to come for a check-up every two weeks." He paused for breath and his face turned softer." You know you can speak whenever you like" She led me into a small room and gestured to the comfy chairs. "Sleeve up"

"I don't want to talk about that. You'll only tell dad. Have you seen him recently?" I looked up pulling my sleeves further down my arms. I could feel his gaze burning through the fabric.

"I haven't seen him for half a year. It was only a brief meet up. He said he would probably see me when he felt strong enough." He sighed, sitting down on the chair opposite. "He regrets what he said to you, it broke him loosing Emily and Then you. You have to see him." I stood up and slammed my fist onto the table.

"No!" I screeched. "He broke me and I will never forgive him." My eyes turned darker and I began to shake. He stood up from his seat guiding me to the door, I walked over, reaching my right arm out for the handle. His reaction was instant. He jumped over and lifted the fabric covering my left arm. The cuts burned, not used to being exposed to the open air. he stood back in shock, clearly not expecting it to be this bad.

"I gave you answers, you give me answers!" he demanded, holding me firmly in place.

"Never" I shouted, dodging his arms and bolting for the door. I yanked it open heading out into the corridor. I looked around, not sure as to which direction I should run. i found a small sign reading exit and bean running towards it. He burst out of the rdoom and began running my way. I rounded the corner of reception just as the doors opened and a short blond man entered. His face was old but familiar. I gasped and ran towards the exit.

"Stop her mate." The blond guy dropped the Nando's he was carrying. He reached out but I dodged him coming out into the cold air. I pulled my sleeve back down and made my way down the side passage towards the back of the hospital and the visitors car park. I caught my breath realizing they were no longer following me.

"And that's when I saw him, walking towards me. His curls were bouncing and although he has aged he still looks the same as 5 years ago on that terrible night. He was dressed in black skinnys and a white T-shirt and, well, he was walking this way. Wait what! I squeaked and jumped behind a nearby wall. He looked up and I could see the black bags under his eyes. I smirked, knowing it was me who caused them. As he walked past I slid out from the corner before heading out into the busy street. Rain began to fall and I lowered my head before walking towards 'home'.

---------------------------------------------

Update as promiced. Let me know what you think and tell me if you need part of the story explaining!

Emilyx