Epilogue

Tuesday 27th July 2036

"Mum, nice to see you again by the way." I reached over, bringing her into a hug.

"Yeah, and you!" I looked around. Where was dad? I knew he would forget about me. He always did.

"He's at the car, I'm sure he will be inside soon." I sighed in relief, at least he hadn't forgotten. To me it was like I was living a brand new life and sometimes I needed to remember that.

"Hey Honey!" The blue-eyed man walked inside, placing a kiss on my mother's cheek.

"Katrina! Good to see you, how are you feeling?" He also pulled me into a hug. Behind him my father was smiling.

"Dad?" I asked. At first he seamed jealous however a smile spread across his face. I gave him a small wave. He looked at the shorter man as if asking permission.

"She's your daughter, go ahead!" He walked forwards holding his arms out to me, which I accepted, letting him take me into a warm embrace.

"Katrina there's someone I want you to meet..."

"I saw a blond bloke enter and in his arms was a small child. The boy was full of energy, however instead of crying he was looking up at me, Eyes of deep brown, small brown curls just starting to form.

"Is that," I paused to take a breath, turning towards my mum, "My brother?"

She smiled at me. "George meet Katrina, Katrina meet George. Your new baby brother." I looked at my dad. He was smiling sweetly. Everything was now falling into place.

—————————

Monday 30th May 2046

"Are you sure this is a good idea mum?"

"If you love him then yes. It worked out for me, twice." She smiled at me, adjusting the white flowers in my hair.

"I'm scared mum, I'm not ready." I began to panic, waving my arms about.

"Katrina, stop. It's ok, calm down. You will ruin your hair." She spoke calming words however I could not hear them. The door opened and in walked George. He was dressed in a black tux, small white rose tucked in his front pocket. He walked over to me placing a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

"You look beautiful sis." I looked over at him. He was smiling and looked proud

"She's worrying and is having second thoughts." He frowned, bringing me into a hug.

"I know it's scary but it will be fine. Think about how far you've come. You thought that you would rather die than be happy. You may feel like you're making the wrong choice but Jordan is feeling just as nervous. You love each other. Go for it!" I remembered how I had been 6 years ago. Depressed and suicidal. And even though I was still on my medication I had come so far.

"Honey it's time." I watched my father put his head round the door. He smiled when he saw me. "You look amazing hon." He smiled

————————-

Wednesday 23rd October 2055

"Wow, your children are so thoughtful. I couldn't reach the cereal I wanted and your daughter kindly got it for me." Thanks, what a nice thing for a stranger to say.

"Thank you." I pushed the buggy away from the doorway of the supermarket. "Where is your dad?" I looked around the shop.

"When are we visiting Gran?" I looked down at Ivy who was tugging at my handbag.

"Soon. We can go and visit him when your dad shows up." I could see him approaching with Aiden who was following him.

"Aiden, I told you to stay here while Jordan went to pay." I frowned at my teenage son.

"Whatever." He sighed, stuffing his headphones in his ears and walking out of the shop.

"Was he like that the whole time?" I turned to Jordan who was speaking to Ivy.

"Yeah but I wouldn't worry about it Kat. You know what they're like. Teenagers I mean."

"Yeah, I was definitely like that." He walked over to me, placing a kiss on my cheek.

"I love you anyway." I smiled before taking Ivy's hand in mine.

——————————

Sunday 23rd August 20 2091

"Mum? There's someone on the phone for you." Ivy walked in, waddling slightly due to her large baby bump. The twins were a surprise to us all, especially to me who never expected to live to see my grandchildren.

"Ok, pass it here." I reached out for the house phone, balancing the mountain of washing on my right arm. I pressed it up to my ear.

"Hello, is this Katrina Johnson."

"Yes, can I help you?" I moved round the washing line, reaching for a peg.

"I'm sorry to say that your mother got into an accident today, she came to the hospital however refused to let us treat her. Before she died she requested that we called you. Your brother is here though."

I dropped the washing in shock. I knew she was old now however I didn't want her to die yet. My father's both died when I was younger. I am an old lady myself now however I still need her here. I have always needed her here. Jordan came running outside after seeing me mentally deflate in the garden.

"Kat? Kat what's wrong? What happened?" He tried to comfort me however I only cried harder.

"My mother, she's dead." I sobbed as he held onto my sleeve. "She was all I had left."

"Don't say that. You still have your brother and all of us. Grandchildren Kat. I'm sorry."

"Can you take me to the hospital?" He nodded before leading me away from home and into the car.

"When we arrived at the hospital I managed to climb out without collapsing, making my way into the hospital myself. I met George in the hallway.

"Kat, It's ok." He sounded more like he was trying to convince himself that than me. "We only have each other now." I thought about what happened in my teenager years.

"It has always been that way." He smiled a little before lifting my arm to see the small tattoo on my left wrist.

"She will always be with us, just remember that."

—————————

Change Pov

Monday 1st February 2137

I looked down at the gravestone, the small letters engraved on it's surface.

Here lies Katrina Johnson

As well as being a strong mother, sister and grandparent, she struggled through the constant battles early in her life. Fighting Depression, delirium and suicidal tenancy's.

Thank you and rest in peace.

I never remembered my grandmother that well, I had only been 5 years old when she died. Now I wish I had made more effort to visit her. I knew that she was very close to her mother, she was apparently the one who always helped her through her various medical conditions. now here I was, looking down at her grave. I never did get married, never found the interest. My father always said how she never wanted to get married but ended up doing so in the end. You're probably wondering who I an. My name is Rose and my father is Aiden Johnson. My father is single now, unfortunately getting divorced from my mother however we don't live alone. I live with one of my twin cousins. She now had children of her own. What would you expect for a lady of 45. I never really thought about it to be honest. Why would I. I'm not home most of the time. Maybe my mother was planning this all along. T make a perfect family however there are always dead ends somewhere right. I could see my father standing be the cemetery gate. He wouldn't come. He said it made him depressed. I watched as he pushed his grey curls behind his ear smiling at me as I waved. Things were all ok in the end...

—————

done!