Final Decision

I could feel someone shaking awake however I chose to ignore them and rolled onto my other side.

"Seriously Kat, Get up."

"What happened to the privacy thing? I thought you always followed the rules?" I asked, sitting up to look at George who was holding some jeans and a T-shirt.

"Put these on!" he demanded, throwing them at my face.

"Why?" I asked, brushing my hair back out of my eyes.

"Because you have to get your Jabs." I sighed.

"Do I have to?" I asked, moving away from the mirror and into the bathroom.

"What do you think of dad?" he said, ignoring my rhetorical question

"He doesn't want me I can't believe I ever believed him in the first place!"

"He does want you, he was really drunk last night." He replied

"That doesn't give him the right to hurt his own friends and bandmates," I came out of the bathroom "Let's get this over with." I put on my shoes as he led me out of the room and down the hallway. We walked towards the front door.

"Is dad home?" I looked over at him, last night's events playing through my mind.

"No."

We both walked out, climbing into one of the cars parked in the driveway. During the drive to the hospital it was silent. When we arrived I had thoroughly thought the situation through. There was no point living like this. I never wanted to be so mentally unstable that I had to come and get medicine every day. I never wanted a father who abused his friends. I never wanted a brother who acts like he cares when he's actually lying. I never wanted anybody to care for someone as worthless as me. I never wanted my mother to die.

"Katrina!" I looked over to George who was frantically shaking me.

"Yeah." I replied

"Are you ok, you spaced out for several minutes?"

"Yeah, I am fine. Let's go" I climbed out of the car and began walking towards the passageway where I had first seen him. And, from the same hiding place came the blue eyed man, now awake and limping badly. As he came out from the shadows, light fell on his face, displaying the various cuts and bruises that were given yesterday.

"Why are you out here?" I asked, allowing him to lean on me for support.

"They tried to make me go in. I didn't want to."

George spoke, "Let's get him inside, he needs to get that leg looked at."

I reached over so he could lean on me for support however he protested, "No, I'm not allowed!" Ignoring his comment I helped him to the entrance where two other men were searching. When they saw me, they hurried over, taking him from me and placing him onto a stretcher that one of the nurses had brought out.

"Please don't let them hurt your dad Kat!" were is final words he said before he was rushed round the corner. I tried to follow but George held me back.

"Has she taken her daily medicine?" A nurse asked my brother, ignoring the fact that I was standing right in front of her.

"No. He replied. I struggled until I broke free from his grasp and ran towards the right wind of the hospital, various people following me however they couldn't catch up. I opened the door to the medicine cabinet, pulling out a packet of sterile injections and inserting them one at a time into my arm.

"Katrina No!" George shouted, running into the room and pulling the needles out of my hand and arms. I felt someone lift me however I began to feel dizzy as the world faded to black.

------------------

I woke up yet again in a hospital bed to that annoying beeping sound

"Katrina can you hear me?"

"Yes, what dad?" I asked, sitting up. He had tears rolling down his face.

"I'm sorry." He replied

"Why am I still here?"

"You won't be for long"

"How long do I have left?"

"About 2 minutes." The short man was sitting on the other side of my bed, next to George. I was pleased to see his leg was now in a cast.

"You were wonderful. Why, why would you do this?" It was like a final goodbye.

"It was good to finally have a brother!" I replied.

"And whatever it is that you're taking, keep going." I directed this comment to my father.

"But I can't lose you too." My father protested, completely in denial over the situation.

"It's ok. You lost me a long time ago." I looked back over to him, "It's what I want. I want to be with her" My vision began to get darker at the sides.

"Don't go!" Someone pleaded. It sounded like...

"Mum?" I whispered before I fell into the dark, however this time I greeted it happily, like an old friend.

------------------

Only 1 chapter and an Epilogue left.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who's reading this :)

Emilyxx