Forest fears

Blood, lots of blood. And pain, erupting through my arms and chest. Head, hurt, like a thousand times worse than heartbreak, memories, lies, truth...

Flashback

"Kat please come out," He banged on her door, the sound echoing through the empty house "Answer please"

"Go away dad"

"Let me try honey" her mother spoke in a hushed tone. She then knocked on the door

"Kat please open the door." Katrina flung the door open causing her parents to jump back in fright. She walked out of the room, grabbing her coat from the pegs by the door. She then proceeded to exit the house. Both parents shared a worried look.

"When will she come back." He asked.

1 hour later

Katrina opened the door as quietly as possible however knocked the mail stand off the side. This obviously didn't go unnoticed causing the 8 adults talking in the kitchen diner to come rushing into the hallway.

"Kat sweetie" Her mother leaned over her and gave her a bone crushing hug. The 7 worried faces were now filled with relief. At the very end of the hallway stood Katrina's father. He wore a confused frown and was leaning against the tall cabinet, his long arms barely covered by the red checked shirt that hung loosely from his lanky body.

"Dad?" Katrina asked walking over to him. He sighed however did not move away or change his expression.

"Do you have me?"

He took a step away from her raising his hands up to his mouth.

"No! I don't hate you!" He left the house, walking out of the door and leaving his confused daughter in the hallway.

"I'll find him." She said, leaving the building. Katrina stood there, surrounded by friends who were now strangers to her. The smallest man walked over to her, comforting her, holding her tight. She cried softly for her parents who had both abandoned her.

--------------------------------------

"When will mum be home?" she asked her father for the 4th time that day.

"About 2 months." Her father replied clearly annoyed with her persistent nagging.

"Why had she gone away?"

"She has things to do"

"Couldn't she take me with her?"

"He put a guilty look on his face as though he was keeping a huge secret from her. Kat moved round the coffee table in the living room and sat on the sofa as far as possible from him.

"She didn't have to leave me with you though did she..." she muttered under her breath so he couldn't hear however he did hear and he felt a part of him slowly evaporating away. For about half an hour they sat in silence, the only sound was the TV in the background. Neither was actually listening to the boring documentary. After a few more minutes, he stood up and put on his new brown boots before leaving her alone in the house. She cried because both her parents had abandoned her yet again.

-------------------------------------------

All I could hear was a loud ringing in my head. It grew and grew until all the woodland noises were blocked out. I was now nearly crawling through the forest. Blood was pouring all over my top form my chest. Bandages round my arms also soaking up blood. I stopped moving, the weight of my body too heavy to support on my ruined arms. At the end of the bandage before my hand 7 letters were still tattooed. I looked at them again before collapsing on the forest floor.