New home and Rules

2 weeks had passed and Katrina was still in the hospital, however, today was the day she was getting discharged. After many arguments, her father had been the one who successfully argued his case, meaning both Katrina and the shorter man were unhappy. To be honest she would rather be anywhere than leaving to live with him. Due to the issues with the pills she had been taking, she now had to come back to the hospital every day to get 2 injections. Personally, she thought they were a stupid idea. Why should she possibly need to keep taking medicine when she was being released as currently stable? Her arms were a lot better and had healed well, now only covered with a few scabs. Many of the days she had spent in the hospital were spent catching up on all that she had missed from the short man who spent as many hours as he could coming to see her to talk about her mother and Father. However today, he was nowhere to be found and this puzzled Kat because, after all, he had promised to be here. George was also present today which Katrina was surprised to find. George had been avoiding his sister after he had been introduced. Due to the confusion between his father's plan, George was feeling sad for his sister who wasn't mentally healthy and to put her through all these issues he thought was a little unfair. Today his dad had insisted that he came to talk to her, and to be honest, she wouldn't want to see him and he knew that when Kat finally came into the foyer, she was standing at the side of the room one arm clad in a purple cast and the other with a loose bandage around. She pulled

at one of the bracelets around her wrist, her attention focused on one particular charm. Other people in the room were busy, not noticing the small stare off between the two relations. The green eyed man walked over to her, moving her hand from its busy movements

Katrina's POV

I can see him getting nearer, I tried to move back from him however ran into the information board that was standing up behind me. He was about to shout until George put a hand on his shoulder giving him a leave her alone stare. He confidently took my hand in his and guided me away from the comfort I had received for the past 2 weeks. He was trying to be gentle considering I had been in the hospital however I was still reluctant to go. Eventually I turned my gaze to my father's neck that was slightly scared. It was also red like a constant reminder of how bad my anger is. I followed them, not saying anything that could cause them to react.

The drive was quiet, nobody wanting to be the one to break the errie silence.

When the car stopped I looked out of the window at the large, well, mansion. I had never seen this house before meaning it is all new to me. I collected my phone and made my way up the front steps. In front, George opened the door so I could enter. Inside was a vast hallway, corridors leading off from various sides of the room and at the end of the room was an arched window approximately 3m in height. Outside it overlooked large grounds, stretching on for what seemed like forever. At the far end was the beginning to the forest. The view was outstanding and clearly the plot had been expensive. I turned back around at the sound of the owner talking.

"Kitchen is through there," he pointed to the left "Bedrooms are upstairs and yours is the furthest door on the right." He paused for breath

"When you're done, come into the kitchen and I will explain what's going to happen." He walked off, entering door on the right. George sighed, walking in the direction of the kitchen, leaving me standing alone in the vast hallway. I collected my thought before climbing up the staircase to where my 'bedroom' was. I walked down the hallway, passing several doorways. One of them was open so I peeked inside. There was a large bed pushed up to the wall and a closet in the corner. To the left there was a bathroom. I walked into it, noticing that the bath was filled with beer bottles. I turned the other way opening the cupboard above the sink and seeing various medication. Just as I was about to find out what the medicine was for, a voice stopped me.

"He doesn't like it when people go through his things." I turned round quickly, seeing George standing in the doorway. I sighed because I didn't get a chance to see what the medication was for.

"And you listen to him?" I paused for breath, "All the time?" he gulped before replying honestly.

"Yes, all of the time"

"I looked over at him before walking out of the door and into the last door along. Inside the room was neatly laid out. Over to the right was a desk and dresser and across the back wall was a double bed. To the left was a bathroom which had a shower and a bath. What surprised me the most was the collection of my belongings which were lined up outside the bathroom door? There were 2 bags filled with various items and my large suitcase which contained my clothes. In the corner was a plastic bag which contained my bathroom items. I looked through the bags, only to find all the sharp items were removed, including my sunglasses. I honestly felt like I was in a mental institute. I was disturbed from my thoughts by shouting coming from downstairs. I moved to the doorway.

"You're not good for her, get out of here!"

"Please just let me see her" The person begged. I recognized the voice but I couldn't put my finger on who it was.

"Get out of here or I will call the police" My father demanded. I didn't hear any speaking until a few moments later.

"You'd do well to listen to me sometimes." I could sense that he was smirking. I came down the steps and into the hallway. I watched the door shut quickly.

"Who was that?" I asked him.

"Nobody Important!" he spat before heading into the kitchen. I followed him in. The kichen diner was a similar size to the hallway and had a similar window. Standing by the fridge as George looking through it for something. The cupboards were spread around 2 of the walls and on the left hand side was a large dining table which had various papers and documents spread across the surface.

"Are you hungry?" He asked looking over at me

"No" I replied harshly

"Well, for a starter you will need to get rid of that attitude" He said, more to himself than to me.

"What if I don't want to do that?"

"Then you will have privileges removed, such as being allowed to get your jabs with George" he looked down at me, expecting a polite answer.

"You weren't going to let me go by myself? I am 20 you know!"

"No I don't trust you to go by yourself" He smirked because I knew that I couldn't get out of it

"What else must I do then?" He ignored my sassy remark and replied calmly.

"You must not leave the house by yourself, and there is no invading others privacy, especially my room and office."

"I will not be disturbed" He walked towards the doorway. His voice turned softer and more fatherly. "You can continue looking around if you like."

Many times I had been dreaming of having a lovely home however not that i had been offered one it didn't seem like such a good idea. I walked back upstairs and into my room, ignoring George who was trying to get me attention. I lay down on the bed. What was my life coming to?

--------------------------

New chapter, sorry it's late. It was a long one!

Emilyx