The Invitation

I had decided to walk down the forest path today however it felt different today for some reason. Like something important was about to happen. I ambled home, approaching the door, which was closed firmly. I was about to enter and take my pills but I caught sight of a small piece of paper nailed onto the door. I pulled it down, reading the neat writing on what looked like and invitation:

 Miss Katrina

You are invited to dinner at the Bistro Lounge

Please be present at 6:15pm on Thursday 25th July

  I stared down at the piece of paper that I was holding. He is so mysterious, George I mean. He is the only one who knew I lived here. And, the Bistro Lounge was really expensive and posh. You were never able to get a booking however I didn’t have time to worry about that now, I needed to get something to wear. I suppose I could go shopping, I mean I hadn’t had the courage to go before. Well, one thing for sure is that I won’t be going myself. I went back inside to change my appearance…

 ------------------------------------------------------

I was dressed in low blue heels and I had a light blue top with white jewels across the top. I had skinny Jeans and a long scarf that nearly reached my knees at the front. My hair was blond and dragged back into a braid. My contacts were in making my eyes a hazy brown. I collected my phone before heading out of my ‘house’ and through the park. I decided to catch the underground. When I arrived at the shopping centre, I was already glad that I had come out as myself. I looked in various shops, not really interested in any of their smart outfits. I had not found anything to wear yet and it was nearing 2:30pm. I still had two shops to look in yet so I went in Next first. I walked to the back first and looked around. I hadn’t been in this particular shop before so I was also interested in their normal clothing. However I changed my mind when I saw they had various prom dresses that were reduced. Many of them were bright colourful but that weren’t my thing. That was until I saw the perfect one. It was £30 and it was a tight black dress down to my knees and then it had a long piece of black satin, which reached almost down to my feet. It was perfect. I took it of the hanger and came to the front desk.

“Going out somewhere” The lady behind the desk looked up at me. She was middle aged and seamed bored.

“Yeah, dinner” I replied

“I’m sure he is a lucky guy” she smiled back and then looked at me more closely. Have I seen you somewhere?” she looked at me questioningly

“No!” I said quickly putting my card in the machine. She handed me my bag and gave me my recite.

“You look a bit like that daughter from the band my niece used to like…” she trailed off. And I gave her a glare before grabbing my card and hastily leaving the shop. This is why I didn’t go out, I couldn’t talk to people. And now I only have 3 and a half hours left to get ready.