Prologue

~3rd Person P.O.V.~

In a room, sat an Asian boy and a h/c haired girl. The two looked to be about fourteen or fifteen, at least. The two happened to be best friends. Ever since they met when they were kids, the two were inseparable.

They both a huge crushes on each other. In fact, they'd say they were in love, but they'd never admit it...

Not yet, at least.

Currently, they were sitting down on a chair together. It was squishy, but they didn't mind. Not one bit. They were side by side. He had his arm wrapped around her shoulders, while her head rested on his shoulders. Even though they were best friends, and they had their crushes on each other, they never felt nervous when they were in a position like this.

They always cuddled up against each other. He didn't mind. Nor did she.

"Hey, how long until your mom comes to get you?" The boy spoke up, looking at the girl.

She shrugged, "I don't know. But, I'm pretty sure soon."

He sighed. The boy didn't like it when they were away from each other. But, those were the rules around her. He will always recall, when her mom actually let them hang out together, and they've been best friends ever since.

The e/c eyed girl hardly knew many kids her age at Wicked. She only knew about three... a blue eyed girl, name Teresa, a chocolate brown eyed boy, Thomas, and the Asian boy she happened to have feelings for, Minho.

She only knew Teresa and Thomas because all three of them worked for Wicked. For her mother. The girls mother, was Ava Paige.

The Chancellor.

She ran this place. Everyone respected her and her daughter. Ava didn't like the idea of her daughter spending time with kids her age. But, she didn't really have a choice when her daughter first locked eyes with Minho.

When her daughter met Teresa and Thomas, they got along right away. Especially, with Teresa. They were like sisters. And with Thomas, he was like a brother to the girl, and she was like a sister to him. The girl was close with both of them, but Thomas and Teresa weren't really close. Ava liked how she got along so well with kids her own age. When her daughter met the two kids, she only wanted her to know them, but that plan failed when Minho came in.

Ava could see how her daughter would look at the boy when they got to know each other better. And she could see how the boy looked at her daughter, as well. They were in love, but were too oblivious to realize they both felt the same.

When Wicked started sending people to the maze, Ava felt bad when they sent Minho to it. It had been a couple months after the two teenagers had finally got together. They hadn't even said 'I love you' yet.

But, it was her job, and she would do anything to find a cure.