Chapter 3: Nightmare

~Minho P.O.V.~

I felt a cool breeze blow by me. My eyes were closed, but I could tell it was bright out, considering a light shining through my eyelids. I heard creaking. I opened my eyes, seeing skinny, tall trees above me. I was in a different outfit. These clothes reminded me of what we use to wear in the glade.

I was laying down in tall grass. I furrowed my brows in confusion...

Where was I?

I sat up. And once I did, my eyes widen at the sight in front of me. I slowly got up to my feet, my eyes still wide. All around me, were walls. But not just any walls...

The maze walls...

I couldn't be back in the maze...

Could I?

"No." I muttered.

I walked around, my feet leading me to a part of the place... or I guess the glade... This part looked just like the homestead. Hammocks were tied up from trees. Wooden structures stood, creaking every now and then.

Just then, I heard a tapping kind of noise, making me slowly turn my head, to see three figures from afar, near the walls. Were they carving their names?

"Hey!" I yelled out to them, my voice echoing through out the place.

They all turned their heads to look at me, not saying a word. I didn't say anything, either. Who were these people? Where was I? Was I back in the glade? Back in this hellhole? My thoughts were cut off by a familiar voice that I've missed...

"Minho!" The voice screamed.

I knew that voice anywhere. It was Y/n. Was she here? No. No, she couldn't be here.

"Minho!" She screamed again.

I frantically looked around, "Y/n?" I shouted back.

"Minho!"

"Y/n!"

I kept looking around, until I heard a twig snap to my right, causing me to turn and see a kid running away from me, I chased after him.

"Hey! Hey! No, no. Wait. Hey!"

He ran to a wooden structure, going through the door.

"Hey, wait, wait! Hey, it's okay! Hey!"

Right as I went through the door, the scenery changed. I was in a tunnel like place. Suddenly, the lights turned on. This reminds me of the place when we had finally escaped the maze. Y/n was there right beside me.

All of a sudden, the familiar sound of gears was heard from behind me. I turned around, the walls at the end of the tunnel were opening. Just like the maze doors always did. Then, I saw a big familiar figure...

A griever...

That was enough to make me run away. Run for my life. I didn't know where I was going, but as long as it's away from the griever, I think I'll be okay. I turned many corners, hearing the grievers familiar screeching sound from behind me. I turned to my left, but it was a dead end, so were the other hallways.

"How's he doing?" A voice echoed.

"Breathing levels look strong." Another voice echoed through.

"Minho!" I heard her voice again.

Y/n. Where was she? She sounded in trouble. I need to get to her before the griever does. Speaking of the griever, it had cornered me a little, but luckily, I went down another part of a hallway, finding my way to Y/n.

"Minho! Help me!" She screamed again.

I stopped for a moment, looking around, till I was sure I knew the direction her voice was coming from.

"Please! Minho!"

"Y/n!"

"Minho!"

"Y/n, where are you?"

I kept turning many corners, looking for the love of my life, while the griever continued chasing me.

"Minho! Run!"

"Y/n!"

I was stopped at another dead, making me turn around, but only to get a bright light and a mans face in my view, before I turned around again, ready to run, but I was stopped in mid air.

How?

I tried putting my other arm out, but it got stopped, too. I clenched my fist, letting out a cry, before I was lifted in the air, somehow pinning myself on the ceiling. My arms, legs, head, they were all pinned. I couldn't move.

"Minho!"

I was about to scream Y/n's name, but I heard the sounds of the griever's metal legs coming closer to me. I looked around with wide eyes and furrowed brows, hearing the sound come closer and closer.

Suddenly, the grievers metal leg slammed onto the ceiling, right beside my head, then the other followed, as well. I had turned my head to it's leg, then turned it back forward, just to see the griever right in front of me.

It made a gargle type sound, before somewhat roaring at me, causing me to scream in fear.

~

~3rd Person P.O.V.~

In a room, stood doctors with machines all around. And a tied up Minho, hooked to a machine. He was screaming, yelling in fear.

"No! No! Y/n! No! Y/n!"

He kept hearing the love of his life call for him. Screaming for help. Screaming for him to run. A doctor came towards, the boy, a syringe in hand, making him calm down, his eyes getting heavy. Another doctor stood in front of him, flashing a flashlight in his eyes, before they rolled to the back of his head.

"It's no as effective as the maze, but it seems to be working." One of the doctors spoke, looking through a window, that showed Ava Paige.

"It's promising." She looked over her shoulder a little, looking at Teresa, who was in a lab coat, her hair done up in a bun. "But we'll need a larger sample to work with."

"Alright. Carry on."

The doctors put the machine on again, making me Minho grunt and groan, starting to yell out Y/n's name. Ava glanced at Teresa, who kept her eyes on the boy, before walking away. Minho was grunting, panting, before he started screaming again.

"Y/n! Y/n!" He kept screaming over and over again.

Teresa looked down at the mention of her. A frown coming to her lips. Whenever the girl was mentioned, it always brought back memories of the two together. Mainly happy memories, but then that day at the Right Arm would always sneak it's way back in.