Chapter 2: Wrong One

~Y/n P.O.V.~

We finally made it back to base, and now Newt was burning through the doors of the cargo. After a couple more seconds, it was finally ready to open. I was the first person to go in, desperate to look for Minho. Newt, Thomas, and Harriet followed closely behind.

The first people I spotted, were Aris and Sonya.

"Aris." I put my hand on his shoulder, glancing between him and Sonya. "Hey, you guys okay?"

"Yeah, we're fine." Sonya nodded.

I nodded at her, before looking at Aris. He didn't look good. Bruises laid all over his face. His skin looked pale and sweaty, along with Sonya's.

"Jesus." I muttered.

I walked past them, Newt and Thomas close behind me, while Harriet greeted her two friends with a hug.

"It's okay. You guys are safe. Alright? Just hang on." Thomas assured them.

I didn't say anything, I just looked around for Minho. I looked around in confusion, not seeing him here. Thomas said he was sure that Minho was here. I made it to the back of the cargo, before looking at Newt and Thomas with furrowed brows.

"He's not here." Thomas and I said in unison.

~

~Y/n P.O.V.~

People were leading the kids out of the cargo. All of them were making their way down to where Vince was.

"Come on in, guys!" Vince called them.

I walked near their, leaning on a stone wall, my arms crossed, watching Vince make his speech.

"Alright, listen up. I know you've all been through hell. I wish I could say our troubles are over. But we're not through this yet. Wicked's still out there. They're not giving up. Cause you got something they want. They took you because you're immune to a plague that's wiping out the human race. And they think you're worth sacrificing to find a cure. Well, I don't."

People clapped a little before Vince spoke again.

"So in two days, when we get this tub of rust seaworthy," Vince gestured to the rusted ship behind him, "We're getting the hell outta here. We're gonna go to a place where Wicked will never find you. A place you can start over. A place you can call home."

I didn't listen to the rest of his speech, because I had walked away, sadness laying on my face. I wasn't leaving without Minho. Not a chance. While I was walking away, I slowly passed Brenda and Jorge. Brenda and I met eyes, making me give her a tight smile before I was out of her sight.

I continued walking, till I made it to a room, where Thomas, Newt, Frypan, Aris, Sonya, and Harriet were at. Brenda soon joined. Sonya was treating to Aris' wounds. He kept whimpering a little.

"Here, drink this." Harriet handed the both of them two cups of water.

Aris quickly took a sip before speaking, "Took you guys long enough to rescue us."

"It's good to see you, too, bud. So, what happened?" Thomas asked.

"I fought back. Tried to, anyway." Aris told us.

"You're lucky you found us at all. They had us on the move a lot. It felt like something big was happening." Sonya spoke up.

"Any idea where they were heading?" Newt asked.

"All I know is, they kept talking about a city." Aris informed.

We all glanced at each other in confusion, "I didn't think there were any cities left." Harriet spoke up.