Chapter 12: The Cure

~Y/n P.O.V.~

We had gotten away from the Wicked building, running across the streets, staying out of Wicked's sight. We hid behind some benches, keeping an eye out.

"Well, they're definitely pissed." Gally commented from beside me.

I nodded, taking my gloves off, "How far are the tunnels?"

"Uh, maybe twelve blocks from here." Thomas spoke up.

I got up to my knees, just as I heard Newt cough, making me turn my head, looking at the blonde. His skin was much paler than it was before. Black veins were crawling up his neck and onto his face. 

"We can make it." Gally assured.

I glanced at him, while he nodded, Thomas nodding, too, rubbing his hand on my shoulder. I heard Minho and Newt talk to each other, while I was getting this guard suit off, at least the top half, where I had a shirt under it.

"Hey." I felt a hand get placed on my own, causing me to turn my head and see Minho looking at me. "How long has he been like this?"

"He'll be okay. We just gotta get to Brenda." I took off the jacket I was wearing from the guard suit, "She's got the serum. Come on, let's go." I walked towards Newt, touching his arm. "Hey, Newt. Come on, bud. We gotta get you up. Let's go."

Newt got up to his feet, but stumbled. Luckily, I caught him before he could fall.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! You okay?"

"Yeah."

I heard footsteps come towards us, and saw Thomas help Newt stand up on his other side. I nodded, smiling at him gratefully. He smiled back, rubbing my shoulder.

~

As we were walking, a huge explosion went off to the right of us. We jumped before looking in that direction.

"We're supposed to take down Wicked, not the whole damn city." Gally said, frowning a little.

We glanced at him, before walking again.

Thomas patted his shoulder, "Gally, come on."

~

~Ava Paige P.O.V.~

I was walking through the hallways, doctors running around. As I was passing a room, I saw that Teresa was still here.

"Teresa, what are you still doing here? We have to leave." 

"No. No, I can't leave. Not without Y/n." 

"It's too late for that. She's gone."

"No. You don't understand." She held up a vial with Y/n's blood in it. "I need more. Come. Look. It's not just slowing the virus down. It's destroying it."

I looked back up at her with wide eyes.

"We need to find Y/n." 

~

~Y/n P.O.V.~

We continued making our way through the city and towards the tunnels.

"Tunnels are right up ahead." Gally called. "Shit! Hey! Hey! Stay low! Stay low! Stay low!"

We hid behind something, Thomas and I putting Newt down. I turned the corner, looking past the object we were hiding behind, just to see many Wicked cars parked there, men stood out of them, guns in hand.

"Shit!" I turned back to the boys.

"Get ready!"

"Alright, move up! Move up!"