Chapter 7: Into The City

~Y/n P.O.V.~

Gally was leading me, Thomas, and Newt to the city. Currently, we were in the sewers, making our way there.

"This is gross." Newt grimaces in disgust.

"Jesus." Thomas mutters, disgusted, as well.

"Yeah, this is great." I said sarcastically.

Gally moved towards the left, pressing a button that sat on the wall. Just then, lights, that hung up on the walls, turned on, leading our way. Gally started walking again.

"Stay with me. We got ways to go." He informed.

~

~Ava Paige P.O.V.~

I stood out in the halls, looking through the window, watching Teresa and the little girl, Shai talking. Both were smiling. Teresa looked really happy. I heard footsteps come towards me, making me turn and see Janson looking through the window, as well.

"Oh, that is incredible. How soon can you administer to the infected?" He asked, resting his hand against the frame of the window.

I glanced at him, a small smile on my lips, "You show a lot of compassion for someone who just opened fire on a crowd." I grumbled, remembering my daughter was one of those people.

"You told me to do my job. I had a shot. I took it." He shot back.

"And missed, apparently. The patrols never found a body." I said, relief filling me that my daughter was still alive, at least. But, I didn't show it. "Y/n is still out there."

"What about her?" Janson gestured to Teresa, "Does she know?"

"No. She can't. I need her to stay focused." I said sadly, "Elevate security levels throughout the city. I'm counting on you to handle this, Janson."

I wanted Y/n to be found, and brought back to me. Not be killed. I just want my daughter back home, so we can be a family again.

~

~Y/n P.O.V.~

We finally made it towards some doors, where it led to the city. Gally peaked through, before opening it, us three following, and acting normal. There was many people, some wearing face masks on the bottom half of their face.

(Literally 2020...)

"Red zone, departing the station in five minutes. Thank you." A mans voice rang through the city.

We continued walking, blending in with the crowd. After a couple minutes, we made it through the crowd, and walked up some stairs. Thomas, Newt, and I slowly down in our tracks, looking at the city in front of us in awe.

This was a lot different from the Scorch...

"This is a long way from the glade." Newt commented.

Just then, a lady's voice rang through the city, "Fifteen minutes to mandatory curfew. Please proceed home in an orderly fashion. Remember, this is for your safety. Thank you for your compliance."

"Yeah, we better get off the streets. And I know it's hard, but act like you've seen it before." Gally said before walking again.

Us three glanced at each other, before following after him, walking down some stairs. We made it near the streets, a car going by, then we booked it across the road, arching our backs slightly, making sure we stayed hidden.

Just a another Wicked car was passing by, we pressed our back against a glass wall, just in time for it to drive by us.

"They've definitely upped security." Gally commented, before glancing at us three, "I'm guessing you shanks have something to do with that." He turned back to the streets, "Alright, let's get outta here."