Chapter 4: Crank Tunnel

~Y/n P.O.V.~

We had been driving for a little while. I sat in the passenger seat, next to Frypan who was driving, and Newt and Thomas sat in the back together.

Pretty soon, we made it to an abandoned building to the right of us, and a big dark tunnel in front of us. We all got out of the jeep. I had the map in my hands, looking right at it.

"You want us to go in there?" Newt spoke up, looking at me.

I didn't answer, just kept my gaze on map, while walking in-between him and Thomas, Frypan a couple feet away from us.

"I don't wanna come across as too negative, but if I was a Crank, that's exactly where I would be." Newt commented.

I looked up from the map, looking at the tunnel ahead, "I don't think we have much of a choice."

I closed the map up, glancing at Newt, before putting my gaze back on the tunnel. It was silent between the four of us, until Newt finally spoke up.

"Alright. I get shotgun." Then he walked back to the jeep.

Thomas, Frypan, and I all glanced at each other, before following after the blonde boy. I was now in the back with Thomas, Newt in the passenger seat, and Frypan in the drivers seat. Fry started driving into the tunnel, turning on the headlights. Newt held a flashlight in his hand, hanging his arm out of the window.

"Well, here we go." Fry muttered.

Thomas had a flashlight, looking out at the windows. He kept a grip on my arm, just in case if something were to happen.

"Just take it nice and slow." Newt said.

Frypan slowly drove past the abandoned vehicles that laid all over the place.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." Newt muttered calmly.

Just then, Frypan came to a quick stop. I turned to look at the front window, seeing what was wrong, just to see a crank standing there, a few feet away from us. I both Fry and Newt glance at me, while the crank made a gargle kind of sound, that echoed through the tunnel.

I met both Newt and Frypan's eyes. They were waiting on what to do.

"It's okay. It's just one." I said calmly.

Thomas nodded, "Yeah. So, take it slow, go around him. We'll be fine."

Newt and Fry glanced back at me, and I nodded at them, making them nod back before looking forward.

"Take it slow. Take it slow." Frypan repeated.

While he started the jeep again, Newt rolled up his window, for safety. Before we were about to start driving again, I heard Thomas make a little noise, while jumping back towards me. I looked at him, but my gaze stopped on a woman outside the vehicle, her hands on the window.

"Please." Her muffled voice said.

We didn't do anything, just looked at her with wide eyes. Her hands moved from the window, to the door handle, trying to open the car door. Fortunately, we had it locked, so she couldn't get us.

"Help me. Please." She pleaded.

Suddenly, a bang on my side of the car was heard, making me jump and see a crank at the window, looking straight at me, snarling. The woman continued pleading for us to help her, but we ignored it.

"Okay. Fry, we gotta go." I said, panicking a little.

Just then, more and more cranks started surrounding the jeep, pounding on the windows, trying to get to us.