Chapter 9: Teresa

~Y/n P.O.V.~

I had spent a little time with Newt up on the roof, before going back down and meeting the others. We had came up with a plan.

Gally would take me through the sewers again, and I'd lead Teresa towards the cathedral. Then, she'd lead us to where Minho was in the building. I had put on a sweater, then my jacket. With the sweater, I put my hood up on my head, covering my face from anybody who'd recognize me.

I only needed Teresa to see me, that's it. I left Gally in the sewers, making my way through the city and to where Teresa was working. I had made it to a crosswalk, where she stood on the other side, her arms crossed, a small frown on her lips.

I just stood there, watching her, waiting for her to notice me. She was looking down at the ground, before bringing her eyes up to where I was standing. Meeting my gaze. She stood up straighter, her blue eyes widening a little, clearly shocked to see me here.

A bus drove between us, and then I started walking away, knowing she'd follow me. I walked through the crowd of people, that were walking the other direction. I turned left, to where Gally was waiting for me. My feet were walking fast, but not too fast.

I could hear the sound of her heels following after me. Sounded like she was jogging.

"Y/n?" She called.

As I was turning the corner, I glanced back at her, showing my face to her. Before she could find me again, I hid behind a wall, hearing her heels stop, and look around for me. I peaked over the wall, seeing her back facing me.

I slowly walked out from behind the wall, pulling my hood down, waiting for her to know I'm behind her. Just then, she slowly looked over her shoulder, meeting my e/c eyes. She fully turned to face me now.

"Y/n."

"Hey, Teresa."

"You shouldn't be here. If Janson finds out you're here-"

"I'm not staying." I cut her off, walking closer to her, "It's just, uh... I had to see you." By now, I was face to face with her. "I had to ask you something. Do you regret it? What you did to us?"

Her eyes got glassy a little, tears pooling in them, "Sometimes. But I did what I thought was right. I'd do it again."

I felt tears pool in my eyes now, "Good."

Her eyes widened a little, while I looked over her shoulder. As she was turning to look over, Gally quickly walked up, and put a bag on her head.

~

~Y/n P.O.V.~

Gally and I finally made it back to where the others were, a bag still on Teresa's head. Newt had put her in a chair, before pulling the bag off her head, revealing her face, and her heavy breathing. All of us sat in front of her. The others glaring, except me. I had a blank expression, but my eyes showed hurt, sadness, and a little bit of anger.

Her eyes followed Newt, who was slowly walking towards the rest of us, before he sat down beside me and Thomas. Teresa moved her gaze to Gally, who was leaning against the table.

"Gally?"

"Here's how this is gonna go. We're gonna ask you some questions, and you're gonna tell us exactly what we need to know. We'll start off simple. Where's Minho?" Gally explained.

"You guys don't seriously think-" She tried, her gaze meeting mine.

Gally slammed the chair he had in his hands in front of her. She quickly looked back at him, her eyes wide, "Don't look at her. Why are you looking at her? Look at me. She's not gonna help you."

Ignoring Gally's demand, she moved her eyes back to mine, tears in both of our eyes.

"Now, we know you have Minho in the building. Where?" Gally spoke again.

"He's with the others in holding. Sublevel three." She answered.

"How many others?" Newt asked.

"Twenty-eight."

We glanced at Brenda, who sat a couple feet away, a deck of cards in her hand, "I can make that work."

"No. No, you guys don't understand. The whole level's restricted. You can't get in without a thumbprint ID." Teresa quickly said.

"That's why you're gonna come with us." I informed.

Gally shrugged, "Well, I don't know. We don't necessarily need her. Right?" He stood up, pushing the chair aside, "Not all of her. We just need her finger." He picked up a knife from the table, walking back towards her.

"Gally, back off." I said.

"What, are you squeamish? I guarantee you she's done a lot worse to Minho." He fired back.

"That's not the plan. Back off." I stood up, grabbing the knife from his hand.

"It won't make a difference. Do whatever you want to me. You still won't get through the front door." Teresa spoke confidently. "The sensors will pick you up-"

"We know." I interrupted.

"We're tagged. Property of Wicked." Thomas finished.

I crouched in front of her, her eyes following me, "You're gonna help us with that, too."

~

I was next to get the tracker out of me. Everyone else had gone before me. I was the last one, then we would be on our way to get Minho.

"Try to relax. This is gonna sting." Teresa informed, resting her hand on my shoulder.

I tensed up when she did that, but didn't say anything about it. "Let's just get it over with."

Once the sharpness got into my skin, I grunted in pain, holding onto the chair tightly. After a couple minutes of silence between Teresa and I, she spoke up.

"She's looking good. Healthy. How've you been getting her serum?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Brenda. I didn't think she'd still be alive. When was her last treatment?"

"At the Right Arm. The last time we saw you."

"But that was months ago."

All of a sudden, I felt a pain in my neck, making me jump away from her, touching the back of my neck, looking at her shocked face.

"Y/n, that's not possible. She should've turned by now. There's no way she could possibly still-"

"Alright, that's enough." I stood up, moving the chair out of the way, walking away from Teresa.

"You don't believe me?"

"Do you really expect me to? You made your choice."

"Everything okay over here?" Gally spoke up.

"Yeah. Yeah, we're done."

I walked to where Brenda stood, getting ready. Brenda was cleaning a gun, then she spoke.

"You two were really close, weren't you?"

"Yeah."

"Were you in love with her?"

"No. No, it's always been Minho."

"Did you love her?"

"Like a sister."

"Just be careful. You sort of have this problem where you can't walk away from people. Even when you should. You can't save everyone, Y/n." She held out the gun for me.

I grabbed it from her, "I can try."

She smiled at me slightly, before walking away. I cocked the gun, before getting ready again.