Chapter 13: Final Fight

~Minho P.O.V.~

Gally, Frypan, Thomas and I made it to where Brenda stood. I couldn't see any sign of Y/n. Brenda was standing still, looking off in the distance. My gaze then, landed on Newt, who laid on the ground...

Dead.

My eyes widen, feeling tears come to them. A knife was plunged into his chest. Thomas, Gally, Frypan, and I slowly walked forwards, before falling to our knees, all surrounding our blonde friend.

I looked around for any sign of Y/n, but she was no where around. Looking over my shoulder, I made eye contact with Brenda. Some tears laid on her cheeks, her eyes were glassy, a frown laying on her lips. She was somewhat, giving me a sympathetic look. My eyes widened even more in realization...

She went back...

~

~Y/n P.O.V.~

I walked through the Wicked building, gun in hand. I was walking through a long and big hall, large glass windows on the left, revealing the now burning city. While walking, my gaze stopped on a familiar figure...

Mom...

She was standing there, looking out at the city, watching all the explosions happen. She turned her head, looking at me once I was a couple feet away. She fully turned to face me, while I shakily brought the gun up to aim it at her.

But, I couldn't bring myself to do it. I left it at my side, gripping it tightly. More fresh tears kept falling down, onto my cheeks. 

"Is it true?" I spoke up, "Newt. Could I have saved him?"

"You can save us all." Mom said softly, slowly walking towards me.

A sob left my mouth, while I looked down at my feet, tossing the gun to the ground, couple feet away from me. The sound of her heels coming closer to me, then I felt her hand grab mine. I looked up, meeting my mothers eyes.

"Mom. Mommy."

"It's okay."

"Just leave the others alone. 

"I promise. I will-" 

Mom was cut off by a gunshot running through the air. My eyes widen, before I looked down, seeing a pool of redness covering her chest. She slowly fall to the ground, her hand letting go of mine.

"Mom?"

I looked up, meeting the eyes of Janson. A gun laid in his, aimed towards me. He was walking forwards, keeping his gun aimed right at me. Once he was close enough, he smirked before lunging, jabbing something in my neck. I stumbled, bringing my hand to my neck, pulling out the little thing he jabbed me with. I kept stumbling, then collapsing on the floor, right beside my mothers dead body.

Janson kept his gun aimed at me, walking forwards. I reached for the gun I held earlier, but Janson kicked it away before I could fully grab it.

"Oh, Y/n. You should have run."

That was the last thing I heard, before my head turned, meeting my mothers lifeless eyes. Then, it was all black...

~

I slowly opened my eyes, adjusting to the light. I shakily turned my head, seeing Teresa sitting there, looking down at my arm. She looked up, meeting my eyes. I furrowed my brows, glancing down at my arm, seeing her taking my blood.

"Do you know what this place is, Y/n?" I turned my head to the sound of Janson's voice, seeing him looking out the window, at the city. He looked over his shoulder, meeting my eyes. "It's a lifeboat. And the whole world might be sinking, but doesn't mean we have to go down with it. How much longer?" He asked Teresa.