Chapter 8: Traitor

~3rd Person P.O.V.~

In a dark room, laid Minho. All alone. Wicked had basically tortured him. Making him think he was back in the maze. Making him think the love of his life was in danger. That was the worst...

He wouldn't stop screaming Y/n's name.

And once he did, all he muttered or whisper her name.

It was the only thing, keeping him sane, right now.

The door to his room opened, revealing two men, one with a pair of handcuffs in his hand. He walked towards where Minho laid on his bed.

"Let's get him up."

~

The two had handcuffed him, before taking him to a room, where a table, and two chairs sat. In one of them, sat Teresa, who rested her arms on the table. The men sat Minho down, before leaving the room, standing right outside the doors.

"Minho." Teresa spoke up, "Can you hear me?"

Minho didn't say or do anything. He just laid a blank expression on his face, whispering Y/n's name under his breath, that literally no one could hear, not even him.

"There's a little girl here. Her names Shai Lun. She's been infected for three weeks now. But, Minho, you're going to save her. And you can save so many others. Everything we're doing here, it's working. Do you understand? That's why this is so important." Teresa explained.

Minho kept looking down, not saying a word, except for Y/n's name. Teresa could see his lips moving, so she leaned closer, trying to hear what he was whispering. She had only caught the sound of the first letter of Y/n's name. She didn't need anymore information on that, she already knew who's name he was saying.

Teresa looked down, a small frown laying on her lips. She wasn't getting anywhere with Minho. She sighed, pushing the chair out, getting up to her feet, about to leave, but turned back to the Asian boy one last time.

"I just wanted you to know."

She turned her back to him, about to leave the room, but not before hearing...

"Teresa."

She stopped in her tracks, looking over her shoulder at the boy, slowly walking towards him.

"Minho?"

Minho lifted his gaze from the table, looking at Teresa, who was coming face to face with him. He lifted his head more, once she bent her back a little, coming to eye level with him.

"Minho?"

Just then, a look of rage laid on Minho's face. His jaw clenched in anger, while looking into her bright blue eyes.

"You're a traitor!"

All of a sudden, he stood up from his seat, grabbing her by the collar of her shirt, slamming her on the table, making her hair come out of it's small bun she had done up.

(I just realized how wrong that kinda sounded...)

"We trusted you!"

He slammed her back onto the table again, making her grunt, holding onto his wrists, since his hands still held onto her collar. Suddenly, the doors to the room opened, making the guards look over their shoulders, seeing Minho attacking Teresa.

They ran forward.

"Hey, let her go!"

 Before they could, Minho saw something beside Teresa's head, and grabbed it, hiding it from the guards and Teresa in the room. The two men grabbed onto Minho, who tried lunging at Teresa again.

"Get off me! Get off me!"

Teresa stood up from the table, breathing heavily. Eyes wide from shock and fear. She slowly backed away, going to the doors.

"I'll kill you! You traitor!"

The two guards pushed Minho onto the table, pinning him down, but that didn't stop him from screaming and threatening Teresa.

"You killed them all!"

Teresa hid behind the wall, catching her breath. While the guards still had Minho pinned to the table, shocking him, causing him to scream out in pain, grunting afterwards.

Teresa leaned her head against the wall, still catching her breath. A couple feet away, a doctor ran through the halls, looking for the girl. Once she spotted her, she jogged towards her, starting to talk.

"Teresa, they need you in the med lab. It sounds serious." 

Teresa quickly walked towards the med lab, trying to go as fast as she could in her heals. Alarms were going off throughout the room. She heard some commotion going on, making her jog to where Ava stood at the window, looking at the girl sympathetically.

"I'm sorry, Teresa."

Teresa looked through the window, seeing Shai being held down by a couple people with masks on their faces. Shai was shrieking and gargling, trying to bite the people that held her down. She had black veins all over her face and body. Teresa felt tears come to her eyes, knowing this innocent girl, was now a crank.

"It's not your fault. You did everything you could." Ava said.

Teresa ignored her, walking away, a frown laying on her lips, tears pooling in her eyes. She knew, if it was back in the past, Y/n would be there, by her side, comforting her the whole time.

Like what best friends always do.