Day 1 (Pt2)

A few minutes before the bell rang, some kid sat in the seat next to him. Sam didn't care to look and see who it was, so he just looked up to the front of the classroom.

In walks the teacher, Mrs.Pats. Everyone loves her. She's the coolest and nicest teacher in the entirety of the school district. She's funny, too.

"Alrighty, welcome back to some of you, and for the new students, if there are any, welcome to my class, I'm Mrs.Pats. Ooh! I rhymed! But never mind that, let's get into attendance." She says, picking up the piece of paper and a pen, "Oh, there's my favorite historical figure! Is Mr.Adams here?"

Sam raises his hand.

"There he is!" She says, continuing on.

Sam spaces out, letting his head rest in his hand.

"Hancock?" Sam hears the teacher say. He picks his head up and looks at the kid who sat next to him. 'Shit' He thought. John is sitting next to him! He just ignores it.

He spend the class period trying to not look over at John, but fails for the most part.

Sam looks over at him a few seconds before the bell rings, catching his glance. John looks over at him as Sam quickly turns his head due to the bell ringing.

Sam picks his bag up and swings it over his shoulder. He starts walking to the door and accidentally bumps into John.

"S-Sorry, I-I didn't mean to-" John says, stepping back a bit. He struggles with a little social anxiety, so it's hard for him to talk to people sometimes.

"It's okay, I bumped into you." Sam says, walking out of the room and heading off to his next class.

He walks into his next class and sees his Cousin, who he sits next to.

"I had a run-in with your friend, the Hancock kid. Literally." Sam says, somewhat hushed.

"Oh, god, Sam? What did you do to the poor kid?" John asks.

"Chill, I accidentally bumped into him. Might be the first time I've ever heard him say something." Said Sam, getting his phone out.

"Ooooh, there he is! Sammy Boy!" Paul yells, walking into the class, sitting next to Sam, who rolls his eyes. "What's wrong, man?" Paul asks.

"It's nothing." Sam responds, turning his phone off and looking out the window.

John knew something was wrong, but knew better then to ask. He shrugged it off, knowing there's a deeper mystery to Sam Adams.

The class passes by, then the next, then the next.

The bell for the 2nd lunch period rings. Sam gets out of his seat and heads to the cafeteria, knowing all of his friends had different lunch periods so he'd eat alone.

He got to the cafeteria and sat at a table by himself, looking at everyone else. All the big groups of people. But his eyes began to wander to the outer seats of the lunch room. He spots Hancock sitting alone and begins to feel bad. So, he gets up and walks over to him, sitting on the opposite side of the table.

"Hey," says Sam, "saw you sitting alone, kinda felt bad." He scratches the back of his head.

"N-No need to feel bad, I'm alright. B-But thank you." Hancock responds, trying to look away.

"Well, I didn't have anyone to sit with either. Guess I felt bad for the both of us. You not gonna eat?" Sam asks the boy, slightly furrowing his brow.

"O-Oh, no. I-I'm not hungry right now." John says, getting his phone out. He pulls John Adams and his chat up and texts him.

Hancock💃🏻
Did you tell him to talk to me?

Adams🧍🏻
Who

Hancock💃🏻
Sam. He just randomly sat down with me and started talking.

Adams🧍🏻
He's probably bored. Is he making you uncomfortable? I can tell him to leave

Hancock💃🏻
Oh, no, that's alright. I kind of enjoy the company. Even though it is Sam.

Adams🧍🏻
K.