Day 1 (Pt3)

School went on. Class after class, until the last bell of the day.

Hancock didn't live very far from the school, so he walked home. When he arrived, he walked up to his room to set his bag down before going downstairs.

His Uncle wouldn't get home till later, so he sort of just sat in the Living Room and watched whatever was on TV until he got home.

John's parents both died when he was very young, and he had only one living relative left, his Uncle. His Uncle was a very kind and generous man. He adopted John, and raised him as his own. John knew he wasn't his dad, but he's the only dad he's ever really known. His Uncle helped him out a lot with mental issues he struggles with. His doctor doesn't really know what could've caused them, his family has no history of mental illness, so it's still somewhat of a mystery. They are suspecting it started at a young age when his parent were both killed in a hit-and-run, which John, sadly, at such a young age, had to witness. It's a sad tale, indeed, but he's a bright boy.

A couple of hours passed and John's Uncle returned.

"John? I'm back." He says, closing the door.

"Hey." John says, closing the book he had in his hand. He got up and went to the kitchen to grab some water.

"How was school?" His uncle asks, "Make any friends?"

"Uncle Thomas, you know I'm no good at that. I have the two friends I've had for the past 8 years, that's all I feel I need. But yes, I did have a good day." John said, somewhat angry his uncle even tried to ask.

"Well pardon me, didn't mean to cause a fuss." His uncle replied, "Did you not even talk to anyone else today? Was it only Joseph and John?"

John thought for a second, then answered, "Well-...at lunch—I don't have lunch with either of them, so I was sitting by myself, and John's cousin, Sam, the one who lives with him, came over to me and just started talking to me. It was weird. He's always been rude to me except for today. Like this morning, in first hour, I bumped into him on accident and he took the blame. That's not usually something he does." John was almost taken back. He never talks that much.

"Huh, maybe Sam has changed his ways." His Uncle says to him, walking past John and up the stairs.

John sighed, mumbling, "people can't change over the summer."