Day 2

Sam didn't sleep any that night, so he was the first one out of bed the next morning. He got ready, brushed his teeth, even his hair, and ate. Both his aunt and uncle were surprised, but not nearly surprised as his cousin. Sam just shrugged it off as he and his cousin were pulling out of the driveway.

"So you didn't sleep last night?" His cousin asks, paying all his attention to the road.

"Hm, what makes you think that?" Sam says in a sarcastic tone, his dark circles and eye bags being anything but unnoticeable.

His cousin sighed, "What happened?" He asks the teen, who just rolls his eyes. "Sam, talk to me, man. What's going on?"

"Even if I knew, you'd definitely not be the first person I would tell." Sam says, angrily. He unbuckles himself, grabbing his bag and opening the door after his Cousin parks. "No offense though."

"Some taken."

———

Hancock also wasn't having that good of a day. He didn't sleep either. His Uncle has to wake up at 4 for work, so he usually wakes John up, but since he was already awake, him trying to get him out of bed just put him in a bad mood. Hancock hated being in a bad mood, it made him feel angry, and he didn't like feeling angry.

He got to school and bumped right into Sam's chest unintentionally, sending him back a little, "Shoot! S-Sorry!" John says, flustered.

Sam tried to fight off a blush, but lost terribly, "it's okay, try to be more careful." Sam says, half smiling.

John forced a smile, feeling as though the entire school's eyes were on him. He felt a hand upon his shoulder, causing him to look up and see Sam with a worried look on his face. It almost weirded him out, but he kinda felt safe.

"You alright, man?" Sam asks.

John nods and Sam pats his shoulder before they head off to English.
———