Chapter 6 - Forgiven?

*Dan’s POV*

I made my way to Amelia’s room, my heart and head aching at what was going to happen between us. All I could do was try to fix things but knowing Amelia, her heart would be heavily broken… Just like mine. Yeah, I get what you’re thinking, I’m a guy. How can you be so heart broken over a girl? It’s quite easy when you want to spend the rest of your life with her.

I walked to Amelia’s room and quietly knocked on her door. I could hear her sobbing, which broke my heart more. She didn’t hear me knock on the door so I walked into her room. “I know I’m the last person you’d want to see…” I gulped as she stopped crying and looked into my eyes. “I didn’t want to ruin your birthday…” I sighed. “I just came to talk.”

Looking at her was breaking my heart. She was coping with the break up differently to me. She dyed her blonde hair to black, she looked so much like Phil now. “You have 2 minutes Daniel.” She sniffed, “I suggest you spit out whatever bullshit you have in your head and then leave.” She said quietly. Of course she’d have that feeling towards me.

“That night…” I rubbed my eyes, “I was spiked. I only had one drink all night and you know I need to have more than one drink in my system before I end up doing something stupid or stupidly embarrassing myself.” I sighed, this was it. I was about to tell her everything. “I bumped into Pandora in the kitchen as I was getting our drinks. She must have slipped it into my drink then because she took the drink I had for you. I wanted you, I realised I didn’t have my phone. I took a sip of my drink and I knew that something was wrong but I carried on drinking it.” I sighed, “Next thing I remember was Phil coming into the room shouting like a maniac and you being stood in the doorway crying telling me it was over…”

She wiped her eyes, clearly remembering that night all too well. “Are you done?” She asked coldly.

I nodded sighing, “I just want you to know that I love you… I will always love you. You’re the one that I want to spend the rest of my life with.” I said quietly as I turned to leave her room. I heard her gasp slightly.

“Don’t leave.” She sounded like she was about to break. I turned around to face her bed to see that she was running towards me. She ran straight at me and wrapped her arms around me, crying into my chest. “I’m such a bitch. I’m sorry Dan.” She cried.

“Shh.” I rubbed her back, “I would have done the exact same thing if it was the opposite way around.” I pulled back looking into her eyes, “So… you and Peej?” I tried not to sound heartbroken.

She shook her head blushing slightly, “Not quite.” I looked at her, “It was fake.” She looked down. “But that doesn’t matter now.” She looked back at me gulping slightly, “If you love me as much as you say you do…” She bit her lip standing on her tip toes whispering in my ear, “Prove it.”

That was all I needed. I leant behind her closing her door before leaning down, planting a soft kiss on her lips. God, I missed her. The kiss quickly turned passionate as Amelia fell against her door slightly for support. I didn’t want this moment to end. It was always like bliss. I moved closer to Amelia, not wanting to break the kiss. I pulled her against me as the kiss became more fierce. I pulled away for a moment to catch my breath.

Amelia giggled, “I missed this.”

I looked at her and smiled, “Me too. I never want to let you go.”

“Then don’t.” She smiled kissing me again pushing me towards the bed. “After all… it is my birthday.” She smirked.

“What do you have in mind?” I asked returning the smirk.

“You tell me.” She kissed me again as we both fell on the bed.