Chapter 1 - Reach Out & Take My Hand

*Dan's POV*

It had been a few months since Amelia came out of hospital when her crazy ex attacked her and Phil. Luckily, both their injuries had healed now but I'll never forget that moment when we came so close to losing her.

*Flashback*

As soon as I heard the knife hit the floor, I knew something was wrong. I looked at Amelia as she staggered back into my arms.

"Amelia?" Her hands were clutching her stomach, "Melly?" She moved her hands slowly for me too see they were covered in blood, "No no no no PJ!" I started to get tears in my eyes, "I'm not loosing you Melly. Stay with me." I held her.

"It hurts Dan." She started to cough, I was scared that she was loosing too much blood. "I-I'm sorry I left like t-that. I had t-to save Phil." She looked into my eyes. "I'm scared Dan." She whispered.

I could hear a bunch of sirens in the distance, hoping that they were for us. "Don't be scared." I tried to be strong but I was terrified myself. I took Amelia's hands in mine and put them on her wound. "Keep your eyes on me and keep talking babe."

"You forgive me?" She asked weakly, I looked into her eyes and nodded. "I-I love you." I looked over to PJ who had disarmed Kyle and had knocked him out cold. He was taking off his jumper and handed it over to us to try and stop Amelia's bleeding.

I looked up to PJ knowing that there was one person that needed to be here. "Get Phil." He looked at us both before nodding, running back out of the warehouse to get my battered friend. I looked back down to Amelia, brushing some strands of hair which had fallen onto her beautiful face. "You're silly you know that." I tried to force a smile on my face. "You're just like your brother." I started to chuckle. I had to do something to lighten the situation we were in.

"I-I don't want to die..." She started to cry, "I-I was happy." She started to cough more, all I could do was hold her, comfort her in anyway I could. "I-I'm happy with you Dan." She finally managed to get out which caused me to get upset.

I shook my head closing my eyes not wanting her to see I was upset. "Why does this sound like a goodbye?" I choked out.

"B-because I don't know how long I can keep fighting." She whispered slowly as she closed her eyes.

"Amelia?!" Phil shouted as he stumbled his way over to us. Phil immediately feel to his knees the moment he got to our hunched bodies, "We've b-been through t-this before." I couldn't look at him, "I-I know you can do this."

Where the hell was this ambulance? I looked down to Amelia's almost lifeless body and held onto her tighter. "Stay with me." I whispered to her, "Stay with me please."

The moment when the paramedics came into the warehouse and came over to us almost seemed like a blur. They managed to get Amelia out of my arms. Apparently, I was in too much shock for my brain to register what was happening. Phil got into the back of the ambulance with Amelia, leaving me, Chris and PJ to follow behind.

As soon as we got to the hospital, Phil pulled me to one side, "Dan." He said quietly, "Her heart stopped on the way here." I didn't understand what he was saying to me, "She was dead for two minutes." He said quietly.

*End of Flashback*

"Dan?" A hand waved past my face, "Babe? You okay?" I blinked looking at Melly's worried face. "You zoned out on me. Is everything okay?" She was still here.

I smiled pulling her closer to me, "Yeah, of course it is." I leant forward, kissing her softly.

"Too much guys!" Phil shouted as he walked into the room causing us all to laugh.

"Sorry Phil," Amelia laughed as she leaned closer to me. This is the happiest we've been in a while. "So what are tonight's plans?" She asked looking at her brother.

"We've been invited to a party." Phil grinned at the both of us.

"A party?" I asked looking at him, "Are you sure about that?" Looking over to Amelia who had the same matching grin on her face.

"Doctors said I was fine now Dan." She smiled at me, "Trust me I'm fine. It'll be nice to get out of the flat."

I sighed looking at Phil. "So what time is this party?" I asked smiling.

"In an hour." He smiled getting up, "So get ready."