Chapter 4 - The Way I'm Feeling I Just Don't Care

*2 months later*

It had been two months since I found Daniel in bed with another woman. Since then we ultimately had ended our relationship. How could I be in a relationship with someone I couldn’t trust? The answer to that is you can’t.

As soon as I left the flat, I realised I had no where to live. I asked Phil to ask PJ if I could live with him. Of course PJ had no problem with me living with him, it just so happened that PJ was looking for a housemate.

Today was my birthday, I would have normally spent this day with my brother but I haven’t seen him since the last party PJ hosted here. “We need to do something big for your birthday.” PJ smiled at me. I looked at him, not really wanting to do anything at all.

"What do you have in mind Peej?" I looked at him playing with my now black hair. I looked so much like Phil now.

He looked at me and smirked. “Well seeing that you’re 21 and everyone should have a memorable twenty first birthday party.” I rolled my eyes slightly, “Please.” He pleaded.

"Fine but they will be all your friends." I shrugged. I didn’t really care anymore.

——
I was right, all the people here were PJ’s friends. I sat in my room not wanting to come downstairs. I wanted to go see Phil but I knew that the chances where that Dan would be with Phil too.

I heard a light knock on my door, I looked up to see Peej in the doorway. “Hey birthday girl.” He smiled at me.

"Hey Peej." I looked back at my tumblr. Most people had been posting things about me and Dan. It still hurt that people thought that me and Dan were still together.

"You know it’s not really a birthday party of the birthday girl is no where to be seen." He sat next to me on the bed looking at my laptop, "People still asking about you two?" I nodded, knowing that if I said anything I would start crying. PJ opened his arms and I leant into his chest.

"Why did he have to do this Peej?" I asked closing my eyes.

"Because he’s stupid and doesn’t understand that he made the biggest mistake of his life." He smiled at me, "but… Tonight is all about you. We can show him that you’re happier without him. Show him what he’s missing." He smiled. "Come with me." He took my hand pulling me up from my bed.

I smiled holding PJ’s hand, following downstairs seeing an even bigger crowd than the first party. I held onto his hand tighter looking for any familiar faces in the crowd. “I did invite Phil and Dan but I guess…”

"Amelia?" I turned around to see Phil. "You’ve changed your hair." He smiled slightly. I let go of PJ’s hand and ran towards him wrapping my arms around him. "Happy birthday sis." He said hugging me back.

I pulled away looking at him, “Thanks big bro.”

"I have gifts." He looked at me, "I also have… Erm yeah he got this before you broke up." I looked at the gifts in his hand. "He’s here."

I sighed looking at PJ, “I don’t care…” I looked at Phil. “I know he’s your friend but I don’t care anymore…” I looked back at Peej. “I want him to feel the pain that I felt.”

"It’s understandable." I held PJ’s hand again, "Don’t worry Phil I’m not dating your sister." PJ squeezed my hand. I smiled at him and then looked at Phil who looked confused.

"Peej will be my fake boyfriend." I looked back at Phil. "Can you play along with it? Please. I know this is a big thing for you to do because you can’t lie to save your life but…"

"If it’ll make you happier Melly of course I will." I smiled at him, "I haven’t really been speaking to Dan since that night so it shouldn’t be too hard."

"So it’s sorted then." PJ smiled taking my hand again. "Time to get revenge?"

I nodded gulping, “Time for revenge.”