Chapter 9 - Sibling Time

I sat in Starbucks waiting for my brother to appear. I played with the cup with contained my decafe coffee in. It had been 9 weeks since Dan had his outburst and we broke up. Today was my first scan at the hospital which I was terrified about. I thought that today would be the best chance to tell Phil that he was going to be an uncle.

"Amelia?" I looked up to see my brother walking over to the table. "Hey." He smiled sadly at me. "How've you been?"

"Bit of a silly question." I tried to smile, looking down at my cup.

"How about we get some drinks?" He got his wallet out of his pocket, "What are you drinking?"

"A coffee... Decafe." I said in a flat tone.

"Decafe?" He asked with a smile on his face. "Since when did you drink decafe?" I sniffed trying not to let Phil know that I was crying, "Amelia what's wrong?" He sat opposite me taking my hand.

"I-I'm scared P-Phil." I looked up at him.

"Scared?" He started to rub my hands, "Is this something to do with Dan?"

I didn't look up at him as I pulled my hospital appointment out of my bag pushing it towards him. "Please don't freak out." I said quietly as he opened my appointment card. "But... you're going to be an uncle." I looked at him watching his reaction.

"You're..." I nodded, "And does he know?" I shook my head.

"He kicked me out before I could tell him." I wiped my eyes. "It's not like he'd believe me is it? I mean he has it in his head that I'm sleeping with PJ." I shrugged, "You believe me right?" I gulped.

"Hey." He stood up hugging me, "It's okay." He rubbed my back. "Nothing is going to change that okay? You're still my little sister and it's my job to make sure you're okay." He smiled at me. "He'll come around one day. We both know what Dan's like when he gets jealous."

"But I don't understand why he's being like this." I cried. I loved him and he wanted nothing to do with me. "What time is it?" I wiped my eyes looking at my brother.

"9:30." He smiled.

"Will you come with me?" I asked to see my brother's smiling face.

"I though you'd never ask."

—-

*Phil's POV*

My little sister was pregnant with my best friends child and he was being a huge twat. Looking at Amelia, I know that she was telling the truth.

Walking towards the maternity ward I could see that Amelia was scared. I held her hand and squeezed it so she knew that I supported her. She looked at me and smiled. My little sister was going to be a mother and the father wanted nothing to do with her or them. What was she going to do?

"Amelia Lester?" The midwife called from her room. We stood up and walked into the room.

"I'm scared." She whispered as we walked into the room.

"I'm here for you... No matter what okay?" She nodded as she went to the bed.

"Is this your first child?" The midwife asked.

"It is." I held onto her hand, "This is my older brother. The father... couldn't make it." I'm going to murder Dan. The midwife nodded and then proceeded to tell Amelia what she was going to do.

"Are you ready?" She smiled. I looked at Amelia as she nodded. The midwife started the scan with a smile on her face.

"That sound you can hear... That's the babies heart beats." The midwife smiled as she looked at the monitor.

"Babies? Heart beats?" Amelia sat up looking at the monitor. There it was. She was carrying twins.

—-

I walked Amelia back to her house when she told me that because of everything that had happened between her, Dan and Peej, Peej had decided that he was moving back to Brighton which meant that Amelia was going to be homeless.

"Move back in with us?" I asked, "I'm not letting you become homeless." She looked at me, "You won't have to deal with him I promise."

"Really?" She smiled at me, "Thanks Phil but I don't really..."

"I'm not letting my pregnant sister be homeless and if Dan doesn't like it then he can fuck himself."

"Thanks Phil." We quietly walked back to our apartment, I opened the apartment door and we were met with giggles coming from the lounge.

"Dan?" I called as we both walked into the apartment, "I'm home." More giggles came from the lounge area. I looked at Amelia giving her my sorry look.

"Okay Phil I have company." I could hear the smile in his voice. "Remember Pandora?"

He came out of the room holding Pandora's hand, They looked like they had been having 'fun'.

"Oh, why didn't you tell me you had a guest over?" He asked looking at us both.

"Amelia is moving back in. I'm not letting my pregnant sister become homeless." I heard Dan take a sharp intake of breath. "She's having your twins by the way. Just thought I'd mention that." I watched as his and Pandora's faces fell.

"Phil." Amelia said quietly.

"No." I looked at Dan, "He needs to know that he's being a huge jealous twat right now who doesn't know the full story." I paused seeing that it was making Dan uncomfortable, "You know what? Forget it." I shook my head, taking Amelia to the spare room.

"You didn't have to do that Phil." Amelia said finally.

"That's where you're wrong. I did."