Chapter 2 - Party Time

*Amelia’s POV*

Phil left the room leaving me and Dan sat in the lounge. “We should start getting ready.” I said getting up only to be pulled back down onto Dan’s lap.

“Are you sure you’ll be okay?” He looked concerned. “I just don’t know if it’s a good idea or not that’s all.”

I looked at him moving closer to him, “You, Mr. Howell, worry about me too much.” I kissed him softly and lovingly, “But I’ll be fine. If it’ll make you feel better… I won’t leave your side all night.”

“I don’t want to see like a possessive boyfriend.” Dan whined

“I know, you’re just looking after me I know.” I held his hand. “I promise you, you’re far from a possessive boyfriend. You love me and I love you.” I smiled walking into our bedroom.

“I love you.” He wrapped his arms around my waist, “Forever and always and nothing is going to change that.”

“What’s wrong with you?” I laughed looking at him, “Where’s Dan and what’ve you done with him?” This made Dan laugh.

“I’m here babe.” He laughed, “Can I pick your outfit?” I nodded as he went over to our wardrobe.

——

I held onto Dan’s hand as we walked over to the party, “So this is where PJ lives?” I asked.

“Yep.” Dan smiled as he held onto my hand tighter.

“PJ’s been asking about you two…” Phil said, “The last time he saw us all we was at the hospital.”

I shuddered at that thought, “I need to thank him.” I looked at Phil, “and Chris too. Neither of them had to come and help.”

“They’re our friends…” Phil smiled, “That’s what friends do.” He started to walk towards PJ’s house. Something about Phil seemed odd.

——

As soon as we got into PJ’s house, Phil went off to find Chris. “Would you like a drink?” Dan asked me, I looked at him and nodded. He kissed my cheek before disappearing into the kitchen.

Why did they leave me on my own? I should have just followed Dan. “Amelia?” I heard my name being shouted. I turned around to see PJ walking over to me with a smile on his face. “Look at you!” I blushed slightly. I had never properly been introduced to PJ before. All I seemed to know about him was that he was one of Phil’s first friends he had made on YouTube.

“Hey PJ.” I gave him a hug, “Awesome party… what’s the occasion?”

“No occasion!” He smiled, “I felt like a party that’s all.” He looked at my hands, “Not drinking?”

“Actually, Dan’s gone getting us both a drink.” I smiled thinking how lucky I actually was to be here, “Thank you.”

“What for?” He pulled a face smiling at me. “Oh!” He laughed, before turning serious, “Don’t worry about it. You’re Phil’s little sister and Phil is practically like my family therefore you are my family.” He smiled, “No one deserves to go through what you went through. But on the bright side, you’re here! Enjoy yourself! And remember, if you ever need anything… and I mean anything. I’m here.” He smiled putting his hands on my shoulders.

“Thanks PJ.” I pulled him into a hug before deciding it might be a good idea to find Dan.

I walked into the kitchen looking around trying to find my boyfriend. I looked at the unfamiliar faces not seeing my boyfriend with any of them. I put my hands into the pockets of Dan’s jacket which he had given me previously in the night. Feeling something hard, I pulled my hand out of the pocket to find his phone was in my hand. Great.

I turned around and saw that there was a group of girls surrounding PJ. I gave him a hopeful smile before trying to find my brother’s face within the crowd. This seemed impossible. I seemed to have lost my 6’2 brother and my 6’3 boyfriend.

——

*Phil’s POV*

“You do know Pandora is here right?” Chris asked as I took a sip of the drink he had given me.

“Pandora?” I looked at him trying to remember the woman.

“Yeah, the woman that was all over Dan at the hospital…” Oh. Her. Pandora was a nurse that was helping the doctors save Amelia’s life. They had saved her life but she had to be put into a medically induced coma while she healed. Pandora took it upon herself to ‘comfort’ Dan when we were told the news.

“What is she doing here Chris?” I asked him. I had a feeling that this was going to end badly.

Chris shrugged, “She’s a friend of a friend.” He said, “I just thought I’d let you know. We can all see how much Dan loves Amelia but he’s a completely different person when he has alcohol in his system… Phil, if they get separated you need to get to Dan before Pandora does.”