Chapter 11 - Drunken Confessions

*Amelia's POV*

Dan didn't really say anything else to me. Instead, he ended up grabbing his coat and leaving the apartment. Maybe telling Dan was a bad decision? Would he tell Phil? Phil would hate me for finding out from Dan. Would he blame Dan for me moving out?

I sighed leaving the kitchen walking around the empty apartment. I walked into the lounge, smiling at the memories that were coming back. The lounge area was were Dan asked me to be his girlfriend. It was also the first place we kissed. However, the lounge could be considered as a place of sadness. This was the place we broke up.

I sat on the couch, turning on the TV putting on a film. I wasn't interested in watching the film, I just wanted background noise to drown out my tears.

*Hours later*

I woke up to the sound of the apartment door slamming open. "Fuck." I could hear Dan's slurred voice from where I was in the lounge.

I left the lounge, walking towards the front door. "Dan?" I looked at the swaying figure.

"Melly!" He smiled, "You haven't left me." He looked down, "Don't leave me."

I gulped, "Dan... We're not together anymore so what I do is none of your business anymore."

"If you leave you'll break your brothers heart." He looked at me. Oh, so this wasn't about what I meant to Dan. "I don't think I'd cope knowing that you and the twins are hours away." I looked at him.

"Since when did you..."

"When you told me to look at the scan photo. I realised how much of a dick I've been to you." He took hold of my hand. "I've never stopped loving you Amelia."

"Stop!" I pulled my hand away from his, "You're drunk! You don't mean any of this." I said shaking my head, "You're with Pandora!" I yelled holding my swollen belly.

Dan blinked at me before opening his mouth, "I'm single Amelia." He started to hiccup.

I gulped looking at him, not being sure on what to believe. "Let's get you to your bed okay?" I helped him towards his bedroom. As soon as Dan's head hit the pillow, he was asleep. I looked at him before leaving his room to walk towards the kitchen. Depending on how much he drank would depend on how hungover he was going to be in the morning.

I grabbed a glass from the cupboard and turned on the tap. After I filled the glass up, I walked back into his room, putting the glass on his bedside table. I grabbed a sheet of paper from his printer.

Dan,

You might need this in the morning.

I paused looking at his sleeping body, would he remember this whole entire conversation in the morning?

If you remember what happened last night, then come talk to me. We need a serious chat.

P.S here's some painkillers.

Amelia x

—-

I woke up to a knock on my bedroom door, "Amelia? Are you awake?" It was Dan.

"I am now." I rubbed my eyes, "You can come in Dan. The doors unlocked."

He opened the door slowly walking into my bedroom. "Hi." He sat on the edge of the bed.

"Are you okay?" I asked him as he stared at the floor.

"I can remember everything I said last night." He looked up at me, "I meant every word of it Amelia." He put his head in his hands, "I'm such a fucking idiot. I-I understand if you want nothing to do with me."

I looked at Dan, "I do hate you." The words were slowly coming out of my mouth. "But the funny thing is... I still love you." He looked up at me, "And I think I will always love you Dan." I looked back at him, "You're with Pandora." I looked down, "So I still think it'd be best if I went."

"I broke it off with her Amelia." He got his phone out of his pocket, "She hasn't stopped all morning. I'm not interested because you're the one I love."

I didn't know what to do. Think Amelia, think. The love of your life has just admitted how much of a dick he's been to you and how much he loves you but yet... you're sat looking at him like an idiot.

"I get it, with everything that I've put you through, it was stupid of me to think that things would..."

I leant forward and kissed his lips softly, "Shut up Howell before I change my mind." I looked at him and smiled. I pulled away to see a smile on his face.

"I've missed you so much Amelia." He said wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I've missed you too Mr. Howell."