Chapter 12 - Say Something

I hummed to myself, playing around with the tea bag that was in my cup. This had been the happiest I had been in days. I stirred my cup of tea and Dan's coffee as I heard Phil coming into the kitchen.

"Do you have a guest over over?" He asked looking at the cup.

"Nope." I smiled picking up the cups, "Only me, you and Dan here and as much as I love you brother mine. This is not yours," I laughed.

He pulled his face looking at him, "It's for Dan?" I nodded at him, "You're talking again?"

"I wouldn't just say that." He looked at me, "Everything is looking up again Phil and you're the one to thank for that." I put the cups down opening my arms for a hug.

"Of course I am Melly." He smiled as he hugged me back.

I smiled pulling away, "I best get his coffee over to him."

"I'll come with you. We haven't spoke to each other since the whole pandora thing." I nodded, Pandora had driven a wedge between Dan and Phil which the fans had seen.

I walked out of the kitchen towards Dan's room, "Dan? Are you decent?" I laughed, "Phil's here."

"I'm okay, you guys can come in." I heard him laugh as I opened the door. I walked in, holding our cups in my hand. "One coffee and a decafe tea for me." I smiled putting them down. "Did you fall asleep again?" I asked as I sat next to him on the bed.

"What gave that away?" He asked with a smirk on his face.

"The fact that you have a bed head... or maybe it's the fact that you have hobbit hair." I laughed.

"Your hair is in serious need of straightening Dan." Phil laughed.

"Don't embarrass me more than what I already am." He brought the bed covers up.

"So... does this mean that you two are okay now?" I asked Phil and Dan.

"Well seeing that you and Amelia are... you know." Now Phil was blushing.

"Of course we're okay you idiot." Dan smiled at Phil, "You're my best friend. I wouldn't know what to do if you weren't my friend." I smiled at them both as I drank my tea. Everything was returning back to normal.

—-

"So how does this scan thing work?" Dan asked as we walked into the hospital.

"Will we see them?" He sounded like a giddy child.

"Well we have to wait first for our appointment time." I held his hand. "And then we go in, the midwife will ask me some questions and then she'll start the scan." I smiled. "You'll see them on the monitor don't worry."

"Are you sure?" He opened the door to the waiting room.

I laughed, "Of course now stop worrying. That should be my job."

We sat in the waiting room until the midwife called my name. "Amelia Lester?" We both stood up and walked into the room.

"It's nice to see you again Amelia." The midwife smiled, "Who is this that you've brought with you? Another family member?"

Dan cleared his throat, "Actually, I'm the father of the twins." I smiled holding his hand. The midwife smiled.

"Are you ready to see your babies?" She smiled as we both nodded. The midwife put the jelly on my stomach and started the scan. "Here we are." The midwife turned the monitor so Dan and I could see. "Would you like to know the sexes of the babies?"

I looked at Dan, "Do you want to know the sexes Dan?" He looked back at with a blank expression on his face, "Dan? Say something." He didn't talk. All he did was nod.

The midwife continued the scan, "We have... a little girl and there we have a little boy."

—-

We walked out of the hospital, hand in hand with the biggest smiles on our faces.

"Sorry I didn't say anything back there." Dan blushed slightly, "I guess I was surprised to see them."

"It's okay." I rubbed his hand smiling as we walked, "You could imagine what Phil was like when he came with me." We both laughed.

"Oh I know." Dan smiled, "I'm surprised Phil didn't kill me."

"I think he almost did." I smiled holding his hand tight, "A girl and a boy."

"I know." He smiled. "I am the happiest man on the planet right now." He stopped in the middle of the road. "There is nothing in the world that can change that..." I smiled at him before turning and walking onto the path.

"Come on Dan, lets go home and tell Phil them good news." I turned around to hear the screetching sound of tyres and a sickening thud. My eyes were frantically searching for my boyfriend. "Dan?!" I screamed as the car drove off leaving him on the floor. "Dan?!" I ran over to his lifeless body. "No. No. No. This can't be happening." I put his head on my lap, "Baby? P-Please open your e-eyes." I started crying, "P-Please t-this is m-meant to be a h-happy d-day." I got my phone out of my bag and phoned 999.

"999, what's your emergency?"

"M-my b-boyfriend. H-he's b-been hit by a c-car. H-he's not r-responding. Oh my god h-help us."