In the Meantime

As soon as they reached the living room, Roy practically leapt towards M'gann.

"I'm exercising my authority as the babysitter.  Use your mind powers to listen in on the heroes, now!"

Rather than argue about how ordering her to spy on their mentors probably doesn't fall under the umbrella of Roy's "babysitter authority", M'gann just bit her tongue and complied.  After all, she was already planning on asking how their meeting with the adult league members went.  Judging by Roy's...polite request of her time and energy, something important had caused them to be let go early.  M'gann linked herself with everyone currently in the room, which was the whole team except for Conner.  He had left soon after they were corralled into the living room, deciding that locating Wolf was a far better use of his time than waiting around in a room locked away from the action yet again.  Oh well, she'd just have to catch him up to speed later...maybe even privately-

"Less thinking about your boyfriend, and more listening in on the Justice League!"  Roy reminded her while giving a small glare, his arms crossed and foot tapping.

M'gann couldn't escape the blush creeping across her face. "Hello, Megan!  Everyone can totally hear your thoughts."

"Yes, we can.  Very clearly.  Know what I don't hear?  THE JUSTICE LEAGUE!"

"Geez, Roy," Artemis thought as she crossed her own arms, "What's got you so worked up about this?"

"I was wondering as well, my friend," Kaldur faced Roy, "Perhaps you can calm down and explain-"

"I am calm!" Roy snapped back, ignoring the others' worried thoughts now filling his head. He took a deep breath, "Look, this is beyond important, and I think it'll speak for itself.  If M'gann would just hurry up and do her job-"

"Spying on the league is not her job!"

"Don't yell-think at me, replacement girl!"

"Maybe if you hadn't have been so whiny, thrown a tantrum, and QUIT, then Green Arrow wouldn't have had to 'replace' you!"

"Come over and think that to my face, you little-"

"Enough, both of you!"

Everyone, startled into remembering that physically talking was something that still exists, turned to Kaldur...who quickly switched back to using the mindlink following his outburst.

"Artemis, Roy. We are NOT each other's enemies, so I am ordering you to stand down," he shot a look towards Artemis, "as your team leader."

Roy smiled and looked as though he was prepared to think back something snarky, but Kaldur immediately directed his "My boss is literally the king of the ocean, so try me!" glare his way.

"With the arrival of our mentors, I believe that your time as our 'babysitter' has come to an end, my friend. As such, you are now here as a guest, and I expect you to be courteous to my team, or else you shall be escorted from Justice League property. Am I understood?"

Oh, Roy understood. And, he hoped that his "friend" would understand why there was now a throw pillow from the couch flying at him.  He just didn't expect Artemis to retaliate after it missed the Atlantian and struck her instead.  Only, it wasn't a pillow aimed at his face...or anything soft.

"Real mature behavior from the guy they left in charge of us!" Artemis yell-thought, as she grabbed something else from the coffee table, the remote control this time.  "What are you going to do with us next time?  Because I'm suggesting dodgeball!"