Saving Lives Their Way

...and here's my number, so call me maybe! It's hard to look right, at you baby-

Wally immediately stopped his silent karaoke, listening closely. It had been quite a while since he could distinctly make out any sounds from the outside. Last time it had seemed like a few gunshots, leaving him further on edge and extra concerned for his friends. Being tied up and basically alone, he couldn't help but cycle through the typical worries and fears. Why was he the only one awake? Why weren't Superboy and Miss Martian here as well? Was the team depending on him to find a way to save them, and all he's done is frivolously waste time preoccupied by his woes? So, and he couldn't exactly remember when he had decided this course of action, he chose to soothe his troubled soul with music. Mostly, it was because as he began planning a way to possibly escape a song he'd heard earlier that day had begun playing on repeat in his mind. One thing lead to another, and he was trapped in an endless loop of pop songs and one hit wonders.

Suddenly, before he could pick back up at the chorus, a new noise filled the area. A loud creaking echoed from one of the ends of their prison. Footsteps quietly entered, leaving Wally with few options. His teammates had refused to awaken at any point, so they were utterly defenseless. Despite being tied up, Wally knew he was the only one who could protect them from this enemy. Bracing himself, Wally automatically feigned unconsciousness. Letting his head drop, he listened as the person grew closer.

***
Tim smirked as the lock opened, granting him access to the container. He wasted no time pulling open the door, and hurrying inside. He was surprised to find a light towards the center, but it was disappointingly dim. It would barely qualify as a nightlight. However, it did show the lethargic bodies of three teenagers, each one tied up with thick cables that definitely wouldn't be easy to cut.

Without the proper tools! Tim reached for batarang, and carefully knelt down towards the closest prisoner. It took a bit of effort, but finally he watched as the binds fell to the floor.

"Y-You freed him?!"

Tim was rather glad Jason hadn't come with him, because he would never be able to live down his reaction.  He practically grazed the top of his spiked hair on the roof of the container he jumped so high, not to mention the "not so manly" squeal he let out as well. 

"Hey, are you alright?"

Tim nervously turned, still shaking slightly.  The boy in the middle was awake.  Tim took a deep breath, looking away in embarrassment.  "Yeah, I'm fine.  Just wasn't quite...expecting-"

"I get it, I wasn't expecting you to be a good guy if it helps!"  The boy smiled, putting Tim a bit more at ease. "Who are you anyway?"

"Oh, I'm Red Robin."

Confusion covered the boy's face, "Okay, well I'm Kid Flash, but you can call me KF. Nice to meet ya! The guy you just released is Aqualad, and the girl over here is Artemis."

Tim nodded, already recalling their basic bios in the files. "So, I'm guessing you were unable to break the cables through friction alone," He quickly reasoned. "Did you try shifting your molecules?"

KF suddenly let out a sheepish laugh, "Yeah, about that, I haven't really PERFECTED a way to do that yet. Usually, instead of going through stuff, I just get a nosebleed."

"Oh," Tim replied, Guess he isn't as good as his mentor either...

Suddenly, the unmistakable sound off multiple guns firing at once filled their ears. When it finally stopped, KF looked up in horror. "What the heck was that about?!"

Tossing the batarang at an angle so it stuck out of the metal wall, Tim quickly got another one out. "Cut yourself free, and then help Artemis. I'm going to stand guard!"

"Wait!" But it was too late, Tim had already ran outside the container.

Tim paced the general area nervously, he had never been a fan of guns. He looked down at his communicator, the temptation to call his father was definitely present throughout the night, especially now with his brothers in such danger.

"I'm getting the hell out of here!"

Tim suddenly snapped to attention, a large, burly man, was currently running blindly through the rows. Easily taking the guy down, Tim tied him up for the police...which oddly hadn't shown up yet. In fact, the whole thing was starting to make less sense than Tim had initially realized.

***
Jason wasn't interested in teamwork, and he certainly didn't want to babysit Tim all night.  The only reason he bothered to drag the younger boy with him to "observe" the team was for insurance.  He already had Dick on hacking the Justice League, Jason knew that he wouldn't be able to resist taking over when he just so happened to stumble upon him in the Batcave while their father conveniently not home.  Unfortunately, as the two poured through a few interesting files on a covert team of sidekicks, who just HAD to stroll over and ask what they were reading.  Jason knew Tim wasn't an idiot, so when it became rather obvious that he planned on sneaking out that night, he was ready to silence his younger brother with the promise of getting to come with.  How Dick found out was still a mystery, but it wasn't like he could rat them out, that left only Damian as a potential snitch. Though, seeing as that boy wasn't even ALLOWED on the streets of Gotham after dark, he wouldn't be hard to keep in line.

Chuckling as he watched Tim look around for him, before ultimately giving up and head off in the opposite direction, Jason got to work. He knew it wouldn't be a great idea to mess up the distraction, and he definitely didn't want to get in the demon child's way. Keeping low and away from anyone, he just sort of wandered around to see if he could just run into the team. Search and rescue was far from his favorite job, he was more into just taking a shot at the main guy, but NO, let's leave him for last! We're not here to stop the crime, Jay! We need to save the team first, Jay! I'm in charge because I'm the oldest even if it's only by a year, JAY!

Jason turned, a lone gunman stood to the side of everyone else. Definitely suspicious, especially after he didn't even join in the "Let's all shoot in one spot and waste our ammo trap!" No, he just stood there, his gun perpetually pointed to something on the ground. Jason flipped silently onto a nearby container, walking slowly to get a better view. On the ground, a gun aimed at her face, was a girl. She was definitely a member of the team, he didn't think this situation would be reserved for anyone who wasn't. Whistling as he easily disarmed the man, Jason quickly knocked him out with the gun. Satisfied, Jason immediately turned to the downed girl. She was breathing, but not really responding to anything. She's probably been tranqued... Jason figured as he carefully put her on his back. He was about to find a safe place to leave her until later, when the shrill cry of the demon child rang out.

"NIIIIIIGHTWIIIIING!"

He knew Dick was definitely going to at LEAST cripple for life whoever was stupid enough to insult the demon child, and he didn't want to miss the show.